21

"Make sure to coordinate the colors," My mother said and I nodded as I tied the sage green lace around the silverware wrapped in a pretty napkin. 

"They know what they are doing, now come to bed darling," My father said as he tried to usher her out of the room. She looked so reluctant to leave something unsupervised, but she finally gave considering it was late at night.

"Fine, Thank you again, William, for helping!" She called and William assured her it was no problem and when she was gone silence filled us until I heard the sound of my parent's door shutting upstairs. 

"You don't have to help," I said as I watched his long finger tie the burnt orange lace around the napkin in a perfect bow. 

"Not a problem it's easy money, besides now we're alone," He looked up at me with a suggestive smirk and I hesitated as I looked at him longingly, but I quickly shook my head. 

"Don't even think about it, my mom will have a stroke if these aren't done by the time she wakes up," I looked down and tied a bow before adding it to the slowly growing pile of finished silverware. 

I sucked in a breath when I felt a hand slide up my thigh and I wanted nothing more than to let him take me on this kitchen table, but I  really needed to finish this,"Knock it off!" I giggled as I shoved his hand off of me. I quickly glanced at him to see a pout on his lips, but I looked away not wanting to get sucked in. "Finish this and then we'll talk," I said.

He shook his head as he stubbornly got back to work, "Oh darling, what I have in mind has nothing to do with talking," He mumbled and I rolled my eyes trying to act annoyed, but my thighs pressed together and I ran my tongue over my lips subconsciously. He sure knew how to get me worked up. 

We worked in silence for a while before he spoke again, "Do you want to talk about earlier?" He asked and I didn't look up from my work. I just shrugged. I know I was quite angry earlier, but now the anger was over and now I was left feeling hurt. I mean she was my best friend, now she's gone. I know Jamie, she's the type to burn bridges at any sign of confrontation. "What was it about?" He asked and a low sigh left my lips as I sat back in my chair. My fingers stopped working and I just fiddled with the edges of the napkin. 

"You," He sent me a confused look so I continued, "She's been bugging me since she caught us in my bed that one morning, she wanted to know who I was with and I never told her. So, when we were at the mall she noticed the hickeys on my neck and annoyingly pestered me to tell her who it was. Like she calls immature, but makes a scene just so i'll give in and tell her it was you?" I scoffed and rolled my eyes thinking about the events again," It's whatever I guess, but now I'm just hurt because of all the mean things she told me, she's my best friend. I didn't expect her to be so cruel to me," 

"That's a shitty friend," He noted and I snorted lightly at his bluntness but nodded in agreement. 

A comfortable silence filled us again as we worked and after about an hour we were finally done. "Thank god!" William sighed as he fell back into his seat as he haphazardly threw the last bit of silverware onto the pile. 

"And to think this party holds no purpose, but to raise my mothers social status," I sighed and stood up from the table. William's head was craned back on the chair as his eyes remind closed. I couldn't help, but wrap my arms around his shoulders and bring my lips to his ear, "Care to join me upstairs?" I whispered and his eyes shot up with clear excitement and he sat up causing my arms to fall. 

"After you, Miss. Gray" He said with a charming smile that made me giggle and to walk ahead of him, but a loud slap echoed through the quiet house. My jaw dropped as pain washed over me, the source being- my ass. I cursed under my breath as I scrunched up my face in pain. The nerve he had! I whipped my head around and glared at him, my parents had to of heard that! William wasn't as freakout as I was, he only gave me a blank look like he had no clue what had happened.