Chapter~Twelve

"Hey, big brother!"

Heather hurled herself at him, causing Chris to almost lost his balance if he hadn't righted himself instantly.

"How are you doing, little sissy?" Chris returned her embrace, and gave her cheeks a little pat. His sister might be a little brat at times, but no doubt whatsoever he loves her so much.

"I'm fine, and you?"

"Good. Where's mom?" he checked behind her, surprised his mom hadn't followed her suit.

"Had a six hours deal tied her down at the office." Heather's eyes narrowed a bit as she studied her big brother powerful huge looking state. "You've been working out so much lately, right? You're definitely looking more healthy than usual."

"Of course my health status should also be main priority." because now he is a father. And soon to be husband if Emma agrees to their wedding. There's no way he is going to allow his health dilapidate his plans.

Despite his potent reply, his sister prompted. "Chris, is everything all right?"

"Everything is fine." Chris said through clenched teeth. "What made you think something is wrong?"

"You are suddenly becoming a home boy." Heather pointed out. "In fact, you are looking happier than you've ever been. Tell me, have you got yourself a beautiful girlfriend already?"

Chris chuckled,  unable to control himself any longer. How irony of her to say that he was happy because he's got him a lady, which in reality it's a beautiful baby a pretty housemaid had blessed him with. He might be the happiest man right on earth for having such an expensive gifts which money couldn't buy. Still, his mother and sister would find it hard to accept a maid's baby. If only for once things doesn't get complicated and goes his way, no doubt then he would be a very contented man.

"Sweetheart Heather!" Gabriella whirled past Chris and hugged the confuse looking Heather.

"Oh-oh, Gabriella. I didn't know you were around?"

Gabriella released her and asked. "How are you?"

"I'm fine thank you." Heather answered with a huge smile on her pretty young face like Chris's. But then the smiled died down as she gaze from her brother to Gabriella. She gasped. "No way!"

"What?"

"Are you two dating?"

"Dating?" Chris glowered down at her. "Does it looks like we are dating?" He sent Gabriella an apologic smile.

Heather snorted in derision. "Then what is she doing here? It's not unlike her to pay a visit out of the blue unless ..." She trailed off as she nudged Gabriella playfully on the arm. "Make sure you two use protection."

"Heather!"

Heather gurgled in laughter as she skillfully made her way to her room, escaping her big brother's incoming fury.

She really is a little brat at times.

Chris turned to Gabriella, ready to apologize for his little minx sister's attitude, but his friend snickered stopped him short. He frowned now as he stared at her like she had lost her senses. "What's funny?"

"God, I love that beautiful sister of yours."

"Well," he mused, making his way over to the tiny bar across from them to pour himself a cold beer. "Care to join?"

Gabriella took the drink from him and sat next to him, crossing her long legs in the process. She is a goddess . Beautiful, tall and very kind-hearted. Chris knows that because they have been best for over a decades, including Mike and Micheal.