epilogue

V.2

December 18th, 2017

Lauren rubs at her eyes as the plane finally lands. She doesn't usually stay awake for flights, but she couldn't help it; she's far too excited to reunite with everyone she cares about from Miami. Especially one certain someone.

It takes a few moments for the flight staff to start getting them off the plane, but before she knows it, Lauren is off the plane and waiting for her luggage. If she's being honest, she's stuffed some laundry in there for her mom to do once she's home; in her defence, it was last minute stuff, so she can justify it by saying she hadn't had the time to do it in the day she had between her last final and her flight out.

She's lucky; her bag is one of the first to come out, and she hauls it off the luggage carousel and drags it towards the arrivals gate. Hopefully, her family will already be there waiting for her, but she knows them; they're late to everything.

She scans the area when she's out, looking for her parents, her siblings, and rolling her eyes when she doesn't see them. No doubt they left it to the last minute and are rushing to pick her up; that's what happened when she came home for Thanksgiving last month.

She sighs, thankful that her suitcase is big enough for her to perch on, and finds herself a nice corner to sit and watch the doors for her parents. She's only just sat down on her case when she hears the voice.

"Miss Jauregui?"

Lauren spins around and meets the beautiful brown eyes she'd fallen in love with. Jumping up, basically abandoning her case, she launches herself into Camila's arms, burying her face into the younger girl's neck. "Camz!"

"Hi!" Camila laughs, hugging her back. "I told your parents that I'd pick you up and save them the trouble."

"No wonder they like you so much," Lauren laughs, pulling out of the hug and falling into a kiss. She smiles against Camila's lips, wondering how she possibly went without this for a month; before that, two months. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, mi amor," Camila murmurs, and grabs Lauren's case for her, dragging it behind the two of them as they head for the exit. "Tell me, how has school been?"

"Like anything has changed from when we FaceTimed last night," Lauren jokes, and Camila rolls her eyes, slapping her on the upper arm with the hand that isn't pulling Lauren's suitcase. "School is fine. How is school for you?"

"Boring without you there," Camila pouts at her, "I mean, I have Dinah, but I can't make out with her."

Lauren laughs. "Such a perv."

"You love me, though," Camila teases her, and when they get to the Cabello family car that Camila had obviously stolen, Lauren is the one to lift her suitcase into the trunk, knowing that Camila won't be able to do it. "So, when are you back at college? I need to know if I have enough time for all of the events I have scheduled."

Lauren raises her eyebrows in amusement. "You know when I'm back, I've told you a million times."

"I know, I know," Camila laughs, getting into the driver's side. She waits until Lauren is safely buckled in to turn the key in the ignition and start backing out of her parking space. "I just hate that you're away from me so much. We get... what, like six weeks out of nine months while you're away at school?"

"Don't forget the weekends you've visited me," Lauren reminds her, but she gets Camila's point. "And I know, it sucks, but a very wise person once told me that if you really love each other-"

"You can handle being apart for a few years, I know," Camila rolls her eyes, but a puzzled expression easily seeps onto her face as she drives, "I honestly don't even know where that came from. Like, I'd never been in a relationship before you, so I don't really know what I was talking about."