Chapter 18

Author's Perspective

The game began and the team started to run around to catch the ball. 

Jungkook's hand caught and he tapped until he threw it in the basket. Their scores were the same now and the game became more interesting for the audience.

The sounds of cheers and clapping could be heard. It encouraged the ravenette to do his best. He and his team members did their best.

They were scoring better now but nonetheless the other team was scoring good too. The both teams were alike on the scoreboard. Sometimes they were the same and sometimes they were high with 1 or 2 numbers. And that's what made the game more interesting.

A player from the opposite team had his eyes on Jungkook. He was observing that the ravenette was like a backbone to their team and he wanted to make their team weak somehow. 

He took the opportunity, he on purpose pretended to fall. He turned his leg as he sat and Jungkook was just in front of him and he stumbled and fell. His knee got injured and he hissed in pain as he held his knee close to his chest while sitting on the ground.

The whistle blew again and the game was stopped for a while. The medical team came in and took Jungkook with them. 

His team players were really disappointed and worried. Their faces were colourless after the ravenette's exit.

"Oh no! What will we do now?" Jimin shouted and punched his fist in the air, very disappointed. 

"We can't lose our hope! We have to win and we will win." Yoongi patted his back and the other players nodded.

The game began again.

Whilst everything was happening, Taehyung somehow managed to come and he ran into the audience row to see Jungkook play. 

There was no vacant seat at the front so he had to choose the seat at the very back of the court. He stood up to search Jungkook. 

His eyes roamed everywhere but he couldn't find him. His eyes then caught Jimin, whom he knew as Jungkook's friend. 

He was a little confused and he felt a little strange about ravenette's absence.

He walked away and asked some of the students about Jungkook.

"Oh! Jungkook? He's in the restroom. Right there" a student answered.

"Restroom? But why?" The blonde asked, a little confused.

"He got injured just now" 

"WHAT!? OH MY GOD! IS HE OKAY? WHAT HAPPENED?" 

Taehyung didn't even wait for the student to answer and he ran away to the restroom as guided by the said student.

~~~~

Jungkook was sitting on the bed in the restroom while the doctor was massaging his knee. He was hurt there. 

The young ravenette hissed in pain as the doctor kept on pressing the hurt part.

"Ahhhh... It's painful. Don't touch please" he flinched and the doctor covered his swollen part with a warm cloth.

"It will be fine soon, okay. Just take care next time" The doctor said and went away.

The ravenette hung his head low and he was worried about his team. He was disappointed already because Taehyung didn't arrive and then he got hurt. 

His face could show how angry and frustrated he was and that could be understood.

"Jungkook?" 

The ravenette raised his head up and his eyes met with the eyes of the blonde's worried eyes.

"Oh gosh! How are you? What happened? Are you okay?" 

Taehyung sat beside him and looked at him with concern but the ravenette looked away and didn't answer his questions.

"Jungkook are you okay? Does your knee hurt? What happened?" 

Taehyung kept on asking with his voice laced with worries but Jungkook didn't answer.

"I am fine" the ravenette later spoke up but with a cold tone.

"J-Jungkook? I am so sorry, I wanted to come earlier"

"But you didn't come" Jungkook turned his face to Taehyung and he looked at him with furrowed eyebrows which of course Taehyung found hurting.

"I, I was stuck at work... I.."

"And why didn't you answer my calls? If you were busy you could have called me or texted me. I was so worried about you here. My mind couldn't stop thinking about you all the time. I couldn't play well because I was searching for you and see now I got injured and I can't play the game now." Jungkook said in a single breath and then he looked away. He was really upset.

"J-Jungkook, I know it's my fault, I, I am so sorry. Please look at me" Taehyung cupped Jungkook's face in his hands and tried to make him look at him but the ravenette didn't look at him.

"Please..." Taehyung's voice sounded very sad like he was on the edge of crying.

Jungkook's eyes softened as he saw the cute sad face of the gorgeous blonde. He regretted his said words.

Jungkook couldn't help but pull Taehyung into his arms as he saw the tears on the edge of his eyes.

"Tae... I didn't mean to hurt you, I, I was just worried." Jungkook whispered onto Taehyung's blonde locks and Taehyung buried his face into his muscular chest.

"I- I am so sorry" the blonde mumbled onto his chest and sniffed up his tears.

"Shh! It's okay" Jungkook pulled Taehyung a little away and smiled warmly at him.

"I am glad you're here now" Jungkook brushed Taehyung's bangs from his eyes.

"I wish I could come here earlier" Taehyung's eyes stared deeply at the ravenette's black-brown orbs. 

They stared at each other with a sweet smile and the surrounding was surrounded with a comfortable silence. 

Their face was just an inch away. Their heartbeats were in sync. The gorgeous blonde could feel the heating up of his face as he saw the ravenette leaning closer.

Their face was now centimetres away and the heartbeats were getting faster and faster. 

Taehyung felt a pair of arms around his waist pulling him closer. His hands held the young handsome ravenette's neck and their face heated up.

Taehyung closed his eyes and he felt his heart being out of his chest. They were getting closer and closer.

****** 

Meet you in the next chapter. 

B-bye 

Hope you like it.