Part 13

"Guys, there is something wrong."

Shiro's voice sounded worried over the intercom. Scared. So Lance wiped away his tears and ran to the bridge.

Everyone else, except for Keith, was already there.

"What's up?" He asked Shiro, who stood bent over one of the screens. Shiro looked up at him. He stared at him with a weird expression. But then he shook slightly, as if rearranging his thoughts, and said: "Lance. The Blades have reported back. They spoke of a weapon which the Galra are developing, a kind of canon. We need to shut it down, before they finish it. Break is over, time to fight. Where is Keith?"

Lance took a defensive stand. "How would I know. He doesn't even want to talk to me."

He looked at Shiro angrily, like it was all his fault. Shiro did not appreciate this.

"That's enough Lance. This is not the time for childish behaviour. Get to your lion. Pidge and Hunk all already out. I'll follow soon with Keith," He yelled, and gestured for Lance to go. "Now!"

Lance didn't hesitate again and went through the shute, to his waiting lion. He quickly joined Hunk and Pidge, who were waiting just outside the castle.

After a few moment, the black and red lions joined them and together they flew away. Shiro contacted them. "Okay guys, it's not that far from here, and it shouldn't be that heavily manned. We'll go in through the loadingdock, and try not to be spotted for as long as possible. Pidge, can you disable their tracking sensors from here?"

Pidge's voice answered him. "On it. Reconfiguring the coding and.... Done. They won't see us coming." She sounded very pleased with herself.

"Good. Get ready, Paladins, we are almost there."

A gigantic ship came into view. It was definitely Galra, their signature purple colour and sharp design marking the ships exterior. Shiro told them to get ready for his signal to enter. Lance looked at the little screen on his dash where Keith was visible. He was busy flying his lion and didn't look up. Asshole.

After a few minutes Shiro told them to go, and the collectively flew into the back of the ship, where the loadingdock, had its gates wide open, not suspecting any danger. They landed their lions and got out.

Shiro said: "I don't think they noticed us, but keep your bayards at the ready. Stay as quiet as possible," and he walked ahead, leading them out, into a hallway. Empty. It took about five minutes of walking before they found anything alive.

Well, technically not alive. A group of sentries stood in the middle of the hallway, blocking their path.

"Finally," Lance said. "Something to fight." And he stormed past everyone else, blasting the first sentry in the head. The others were running towards him, but he didn't care. He shot another, and then another.

"Lance," Shiro screamed behind him, and Shiro ran to his side, blocking a bullet with his arm, before stabbing it  into the chest of a second. "You can't just-," he said, panting from fighting off three sentries at once, "-dive headfirst into battle without warning, you idiot."

"Watch me," said Lance, an angry look on his face. But in his overheated state, he missed one of the enemies taking a shit at him. He only realised when the blast hit him, slamming into his left shoulder and throwing him backwards, his armor shattered.

His head his the metal ground hard, making everything spin. His chest hurt from having all the wind knocked out of him. But the worst was his shoulder, bared of protection and burning with pain. A flow of warm blood streamed out.

"Lance!" screamed Shiro, quickly finishing the last of the sentries. Hunk kneeled by his side. "Are you okay? What can I do? How many fingers am I holding up?"

Lance groaned and hit Hunks hand away. "I'm fine." He sat up, whimpering softly.

Shiro helped him up, and looked at his wound. Lance shook him off. "I'm fine," he repeated. "It's not that deep." His shoulder felt dislocated, but he wasn't going to mention that.

He picked up his bayard from the floor, masking a small sound of pain in a cough. "Let's continue," he said, and he walked on, leaving the rest of the group looking puzzled. It was very unlike Lance to act 'tough'. Normally, he would milk any injury he suffered, which annoyed the shit out of everyone.

After a moment, the rest of the Paladins followed Lance, and they walked through a door into a big room, in which a crate stood. Shiro motioned them all to approach it.

Hunk looks around, and said: "Don't you guys think it kind of weird that nobody's here? We usually have to fight some sort of Galra warlord, don't we? Like, I'm not complaining. But it is a bit weird."

"You are very right," said an unfamiliar voice from behind the crate.

———————————————

Hey y'all. Hope you don't mind some fight scenes and emo Lance. I'll update next very soon, already working on it. So, tell me what you think of this chapter.
Hope all of you have an amazing day and a great week.

Love,

Me.