Seven- First Day

Pandora ate her food as the cafeteria had been swept into silence for some reason

She realized they were staring at her. Or more accurately at the five VKs they sat at the table with.

The VKs paid no attention to the stares, though Pandora was sure they were feeling uncomfortable but didn't know what to do about it.

Crystal took it upon herself.

"Hey people!" She shouted as they all turned to look at her. "Stop your staring, didn't your mothers teach you better?"

The people in the Cafeteria quickly averted their gazes, though they kept sneaking glances at the five VKs and whispered among themselves.

Crystal shrugged taking it as an improvement sitting back down and returning to her breakfast, which happened to be an apple tart because she had inherited her mother's interest in apples.

Pandora was sure the apples had been the thing to put her to sleep though she didn't understand why they had such a fascination with it.

But she never said anything. Crystal could eat apples all she wanted, it didn't mean Pandora would go chasing crocodiles for fun,

"So is it always like this?" Mal asked. "Or are they all antsy because we are here."

"A little bit of both." Crystal said. "They usually have someone they judge each day but I guess that falls to you guys because they don't know you. They're curious about you. And when they're curious it always leads to drama. Not fun drama, annoying repetitive drama."

"What type of drama is fun?" Evie mused, as Crystal forced a smile on her face. The mutual hatred between the two was highly evident, it didn't take much to see it even Chad could have figured it out.

No Pandora was being too nice. Chad couldn't have figured it out because Chad was an idiot who used girls to get his work done. Maybe it was something the VKs needed to know.

She didn't feel like telling them. She didn't even feel comfortable sitting with them. She was getting more looks than she got usually and she knew it was because she stuck up for them.

It wasn't a bad thing that she had, she'd been taught to do things that felt right to her even if others didn't see it fit.

She'd made it this far with that philosophy, maybe it would get her even farther. She didn't know.

"Drama that doesn't include you is fun to watch." Pandora offered as Crystal and Evie's stare off ended as they both looked at her. Evie nodded her head in agreement after much hesitation so did Crystal.

"I guess." Crystal said. "But it's hard keeping up with all the drama that goes in this school. Chad was dating who while he was dating who? Audrey called who what? Audrey and Ben are still a thing? Ben was better off with the crazy chick? Yeah those were just things they said in the last hour."

"They do have a problem." Evie agreed. "But that Chad is he anywhere in line for a throne?"

"The throne of stupidity?" Pandora said. "Yeah he had his parents' kingdom and if anything happens to Ben he'll be king which we all- finger crossed- hope never happens."

"King Chad?" Crystal shuddered. "That just sounds so gross. I wouldn't take him seriously. He'd probably be the one to do something to Ben. He'd try to overthrow the king ever so slightly just so he could boost his ego."

"Like it needs a boost." Talia said, waking up from her mid breakfast nap. "It's way bigger than it needs to be. I'm surprised it still fits in his little brain."

"He's an idiot." Pandora said. "That we can agree on. And he uses people for his own gain. You know like I'll date you if you do my homework. He's so dumb he can't do it himself."

"Or he just knows people will flock over to do it for him." Talia said. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go to my first period so I can get my nap started."

"I swear all she ever does is sleep." Pandora muttered. "I don't even know why. Does she not get enough asleep at night? Because she sleeps hours before me."

"She's Talia," Crystal said. "She sleeps more than an average human because she always reminds us she's a fairy and fairies get tired quickly."

"So can she shrink and fly around?" Jay asked, breaking his silence as he glanced between the girls.

"Yeah. She can." Pandora said. "But that drains her energy a lot quicker than usual. Teachers don't care that she sleeps all class anymore."

"They don't care or she doesn't care.m?" Carlos asked.

"Both I guess." Pandora said. "Talia spends most classes sleeping but she passes all of them so they can't consoling. She just happens to have a different approach to things."

"That's funny." Mal said as Ben walked over to their table with a grin on his face.

"Hey guys!" Ben said as Mal smiled as politely as possible the others following her lead.

"Hey Ben." Mal said.

"So how's your day going so far?" Ben asked.

"Well you know our day hasn't really started yet." Gigi said.

"But it's alright I guess." Mal said with a shrug. "Just some annoying people here and there."

"Just ignore them." Ben said. "So what's your first class?"

"Remedial Goodness 101." Mal said with an eye roll. "New class."

She meant it'd been created just for them. They hadn't done a really good job at hiding it. The class had been created just for them.

"That's nice." Ben said with a grin. How he could be so happy in the morning Pandora had no idea. "I'll check on you guys later. Bye."

Ben walked away just as the bell signaling them to get to their first class rang.

Carlos leapt up looking around.

"Don't worry Carlos." Pandora said. "That's just the bell it means we have to get to class and not be late. Because punctuality is key with Fairy Godmother."