Young Love

Young Love

“Are you sure you’re okay to do this, love?” Jace asked as Clary and himself walked down the corridor to the main entrance.

“I’m fine Jace.” Clary whispered back. Jace stopped without letting go of Clary’s hand. He pulled her into his chest. She looked up at him and he raised an eyebrow. Clary raised one of her eyebrows.

“Promise?” He asked.

“Promise.” Clary smiled too sweetly.

“I know your lying.” Jace answered.

“What would you like me to do about it? Go back to your room and cry my eyes out whilst your showing Emma and Jules around?” Clary asked.

“Fine then, I know that you won’t listen to me even if I tell you to go back to my room.” Jace smiled and lent down to Clary’s eye line and slowly pressed his lips to hers. They both just stood there with their lips pressed against each other’s. After a few seconds Jace drew his lips away.

“What was that for?” Clary asked.

“Because I can.” Jace smiled.

“You’re being cocky.” She answered.

“I’m being serious, Clary. I love you. If I hadn’t found you I wouldn’t know what to do; my life wouldn’t be complete and I know that your life isn’t complete at the moment but I hope that somehow, someday I’ll be able to help fill that gap, okay?” Jace said.

“Okay.” Clary choked. Jace kissed her again quickly.

“Come on, we’re tour guides today.” Jace smiled and started to walk down the corridor again and pulled Clary lightly along with him. They walked down the corridor to the main entrance in comfortable silence. Before they even got to the main entrance they could hear people talking or more arguing.

“Julian, put that down now.” Someone hissed.

“Why?” Another person answered which Clary knew it was Jules.

“Because it isn’t ours.” The same voice as before said.

“James can you stop being so boring and uptight all the time? You didn’t have to come.” Another voice said; Emma’s voice to be precise.

“Come on.” Clary almost squealed. Even though Emma was younger than Clary they still had this bond even though they had only met once. Clary pulled Jace the rest of the way down the corridor and into the main entrance. They both walked almost ran into the main entrance to reveal Emma, Jules and another boy who looked the same age as Jace and Clary.

“Emma!” Clary shouted. Emma, Jules and the other boy all turned round in sync and stared at Clary and Jace. Emma ran over to Clary and threw her arms around her.

“Clary.” Emma squeezed.

“Hi," Clary whispered. ”How have you been?"

"Apart from James annoying me the whole trip here I've been good. It's getting easier," Emma answered referring to the death of her parents. "How have you been?"

"A wreck." Clary stated simply.

"Why?" Emma asked.

"Don't even get her started." Jace laughed from behind Clary.

"Jules, Jace and Clary don't bite it's okay to say hi." Emma laughed turning round to face him as Clary and her broke away from there hug.

"Oh yeah, sorry. Just thinking. Hey Clary, Jace." Jules answered walking over to the three of them.

"Hey Jules." Jace said.

"Julian?" Someone asked in a heavy English accent. Clary looked across the room to find the boy who must have been telling Jules off leaning against the wall.

"What? I haven't done anything wrong, unless saying hello is now breaking your rules too." Jules answered sarcastically.

"I was going to ask you to introduce me to your friends." The boy answered.

"Why can you not speak?" Jules asked.

"Julian." The boy said through gritted teeth. Jules groaned.

"Fine then. James this is Clary Fairchild-Morgenstern and Jace Herondale. Clary, Jace this is James Wayhallow, the idiot that my uncle sent us here with," Emma laughed. Jules turned round to face James. "Happy?" Jules smirked.

"Julian Blackthorn, you're a disgrace!" The boy - James answered as he walked over to the four of them.

"Tell me something that I haven't heard already this week." Jules mumbled just loud enough. James recomposed himself and plastered a smile on his face when he saw Clary.

"I'm James." He said.

"Hi, I'm Clary obviously." Clary answered. James caught her hand and brought it up to his lips.

"And I'm not stupid." Jace interrupted.

"Pardon?" James asked.

"I know what your doing but don't try. She has a boyfriend." Jace spat.

"And who would that be?" James asked as Clary pulled her hand out of his grasp.

"He's blonde. Tall. He's got these golden eyes that you melt into when you look into them and..." Clary listed then flushed red with embarrassment.

"You're not too bad to look at either, red." Jace said as he pulled her into his side.

"Ahhh, so Miss Morgenstern is with Mr Herondale here." James smiled.

"That isn't my last name but yeah." Clary smiled back. James started walking towards Clary.

"I might be able to change that," He whispered as his body brushed past hers. Clary was shocked. "Shall we get on with the tour then?" James called.

"Now do you see why we don't like him?" Emma asked snapping Clary back into reality.

"Erm yeah, I get it." Clary answered.

"Come on then, let's go! I wanna see your training room!" Jules almost shouted with excitement.

"Slow down, young Shadowhunter. You have a lot to see before we get there." Jace smirked.

"Well it best be a quick tour then." Emma answered as she pulled Jules out the main entrance.

"Young love." Jace sighed.

"I thought they were becoming parabatai." Clary questioned.

"Clary, Clary, Clary you have a lot to learn." Jace sighed and pulled her back into the corridor.