Chapter 9

'Zhen Zhen,' Zhen Wu called.

Zhen Wu kicked the door open. His forehead was sweaty and he showed off the new laptop teacher bought him.

'Mum, take a look,' Zhen Wu said. 'This is the latest model. There are only five hundred of this model that's available in the world.'

'Today did you have fun at the park?' Zhen Zhen asked and wiped sweat of Zhen Wu's forehead.

Zhen Wu nodded and Zhen Zhen's heart ached a little. She knew no matter how mature Zhen Zhen was, he was still a young child who loved to play. But she didn't have enough free time to play with Zhen Zhen and her parents lived far away.

'Zhen Zhen, do you have to go to Italy?' Zhen Wu asked.

'Um, who told you?' Zhen Zhen asked.

'I want to go too but dad won't let me,' Zhen Wu said and pouted his lips.

'Of course you can't go,' Zhen Zhen said. 'You need to go to school.'

'Why do I need to go to school?' Zhen Zhen asked. 'My little classmates are good but they're naive like the class teacher who squeezes my cheeks each day. The class teacher doesn't teach science, Xiao Jiang draws on the classroom walls but the class teacher praises his drawings are beautiful and creative.' He sighed and rubbed his head. 'It's lonely being a genius.'

'Mr Genius, creativity is important to make new inventions,' Zhen Zhen said.

'Yes, yes,' Zhen Wu said. 'Zhen Zhen you need to take care of yourself in Italy. You need to remember to eat and take guards with you outside the hotel.'

'Don't worry,' Zhen Zhen said. 'I'll be ok.'

'Of course you'll be ok,' Zhen Wu said. 'You have dad to protect you. I'm only scared you'll get lost in Italy.'

'I know,' Zhen Zhen said. 'You don't need to nag.'

'It's true,' Zhen Wu said. 'Not everyone can understand a genius.'

'Can I trouble Mr Genius?' Zhen Zhen asked. 'Move your genius bottom to the side.'

'Mrs Yue, it's my pleasure,' Zhen Wu teased and he noticed Zhen Zhen's underwear. 'Zhen Zhen, you can't wear plain underwear.'

Zhen Wu's words almost made Zhen Zhen vomit blood.

'Why?' Zhen Zhen asked.

Zhen Zhen have always worn plain underwear.

'Today is not like the past,' Zhen Wu said. 'If you wear plain underwear than how are you going to seduce dad?'

'Why do I need to seduce your dad?' Zhen Zhen asked.

Zhen Wu looked pitifully at Zhen Zhen. 'Mum, don't you love dad?'

The sudden strange question made Zhen Zhen think for a while. How should she explain about her relationship with Zhen Wu's dad?

'I've only known your dad for a short period,' Zhen Zhen said. 'I don't dislike your dad.'

Zhen Wu's eyes lit up. 'If you live together with dad for a long time then will you love dad?'

Zhen Zhen saw hope in Zhen Wu's eyes and she didn't have the heart to dash his hope.

'Maybe...' Zhen Zhen said.

'Mum, let's pinky swear,' Zhen Wu said. 'You have to promise you'll try to love dad, ok?'

Zhen Zhen's complex eyes looked at Zhen Wu. 'Zhen Wu, do you really like your dad?'

'Yes!' Zhen Wu said. 'Dad's an ace!'

Zhen Zhen didn't want to break Zhen Wu's heart, he must have always wished for a dad in his life.