Chapter 18

Da Tu Li's red polish fingernails hid one of the side effects of years of smoking.

'Uncle, you can't blame me for my inability to help you,' Da Tu Li said. 'This time your precious son offended Yue Gu Zai. Besides, I believe uncle has a solution to rescue your son.'

Da Wan Quan had a diagonal scar below his eyes. He felt the Da Household's power was yielded from his years of hard work. But he couldn't accept Da Tu Li's father letting the little girl Da Tu Li lead the Da Household instead of him.

Da Wan Quan had visited Ni Sheng's headquarters in China, but the guards refused to let him see Yue Gu Zai because he wasn't the head of the Da Household. He wouldn't have looked for Da Tu Li if Da Fu Li wasn't his only son. After his son was born the doctors told him that he couldn't have any more children. He didn't expect his only son would grow up to cause catastrophes for him.

'If you didn't spoil my son since he was a boy then he wouldn't turn out this way,' Da Wan Quan said.

Da Tu Li laughed coldly. 'Uncle, it's unfair to blame me for his mistakes. Uncle, you're the one who is infamous for spoiling your son. Besides, he is my little brother. What am I supposed to do each time he asks me to rescue him, let him die?'

'What will it take for you to save him?' Da Wan Quan asked.

'Uncle, you know what I want,' Da Tu Li said.

'OK, I'll hand over my districts in South East Asia and South America,' Da Wan Quan said.

Da Tu Li shook her forefinger. 'No, no, no. Uncle, honestly you've worked hard half your lifespan. You should leave the world for young people to deal with. Uncle, you've withered, aged and it's a struggle for you to move about. Uncle, have you thought about retiring?' She gestured for an assistant to give the prepared documents to Da Wan Quan. 'The truth is I've prepared a retirement island home for uncle. It's by the seaside, it's tropical all year round. I bought the whole island. There are no paparazzi on the island to disturb uncle. Uncle, what do you think about this ideal early retirement plan?'

'You!' Da Wan Quan said.

Da Wan Quan glared contemptuously at Da Tu Li and thought about his son for more than a minute.

'OK, if you can bring him back in one piece then I'll retire,' Da Wan Quan surrendered.

'OK, but I can't promise I can bring him back in one piece after he offended Yue Gu Zai,' Da Tu Li said. 'I can only promise I'll bring him home. After all he is my only little brother.'

'OK,' Da Wan Quan agreed.

On the other side of the world, Yue Gu Zai happily took his wife on a honeymoon. Before departing Italy for his honeymoon, he assigned all his duties to Cheng Yi. Everyone knew it was Cheng Yi's belated punishment to be an overworked slave.

After Yue Gu Zai and Zhen Zhen returned home from their honeymoon, Cheng Yi was exhausted to death in bed.

Cheng Yi had to deal with the Da Household causing trouble in South America for Ni Sheng, as well as Shu Tang Jue and Mr Tao's gangs. Even the almighty Huyen Di had to play a cat and mouse chase with Shu Tang Jue while Bai Yu Tian was busy making an antidote for Zhen Zhen.

Since Yue Gu Zai's gang members were all busy with their missions, they didn't reunite until after Yue Gu Zai returned home from his honeymoon.

'How's the antidote coming along?' Cheng Yi asked Bai Yu Tian.

'What do you think?' Bai Yu Tian asked.

Cheng Yi didn't need to voice what he thought.

'I gave the antidote to boss,' Bai Yu Tian said. 'But I forgot to tell boss about a tiny side effect.'