Chapter 38

Lab.

Mr Huang grabbed Zhen Zhen's arm, and he pulled her onto the sofa.

'I said I want you to serve me,' Mr Huang said.

Zhen Zhen pulled her arm out of Mr Huang's hand.

'I don't serve guests,' Zhen Zhen said.

Sally walked into the room, and apologised to Mr Huang.

'Mr Huang, it's the little girl's first day,' Sally said. 'I'm sorry she doesn't know the rules. I'll ask Luna to serve you.'

'You don't need to,' Mr Huang said.

Mr Huang was insulted a brothel worker dared to reject him. He raised his hand to hit Zhen Zhen's face, but Yan Fen gripped his arm.

'It would be bad if word got out that the leader of the Cheng group hit a defenceless woman,' Yan Fen said.

Mr Huang pushed Zhen Zhen to Yan Fen's side.

'I'm letting her off the hook because you spoke up for her,' Mr Huang said.

'Thank you Mr Huang,' Sally said. She gave Zhen Zhen a dagger. 'Why aren't you thanking Mr Huang?'

'Thank you Mr Huang,' Zhen Zhen said.

Sally wanted to take Zhen Zhen out of the room before Zhen Zhen caused more trouble for her, but Yan Fen opened his mouth.

'I want her to stay,' Yan Fen said.

Sally wanted to sell Zhen Zhen to the highest bidder, but she couldn't say no to Yan Fen who was a member of Ni Sheng. She let Zhen Zhen stay in the room with Yan Fen.

Zhen Zhen sat on the sofa next to Yan Fen. She was surprised he was a gentleman toward her. All she had to do was refill his wine glass. After he drank a bottle of wine, he still looked sober.

When the guests stood to leave, Zhen Zhen wanted to leave with Yan Fen because he knew Yue Gu Zai and she could ask him to let her call Yue Gu Zai. But she couldn't leave without Sally's permission.

Outside the room, Yan Fen smiled at Sally.

'I want this girl,' Yan Fen said.

Sally didn't have a choice. Dui Lan was only a small powerless brothel compared to Ni Sheng.

'Mr Yan, you can take the girl,' Sally said.

Zhen Zhen followed Yan Fen to his car where a driver was waiting for Yan Fen.

The driver drove Yan Fen and Zhen Zhen to a poor neighborhood. Yan Fen received instructions on his phone. She wanted to ask to borrow his phone to call Yue Gu Zai, but the driver stopped the car in front of an alley and Yan Fen got out of the car.

Zhen Zhen followed Yan Fen. She forgot about asking to borrow his phone when a rotten stench in the alley way made her pinched her nose. There were dead rats, and homeless people were lying sick on the ground.

'I'm a member of Ni Sheng,' Yan Fen said. 'I came here on behalf of Ni Sheng to help everyone here find an antidote for the virus in your bodies.'

The homeless sick people put down their guards, and let Yan Fen take samples of their blood.

Zhen Zhen followed Yan Fen back to his car, and the driver drove them to a building owned by Ni Sheng.

Yan Fen carried the sealed blood samples into the building, and he forgot about Zhen Zhen. But she was happy to see a lab in the building.

Yan Fen gave the blood samples to Mac Wu, and he waited for Mac Wu to examine the virus in the blood samples.

'Mac Wu, can you identify the virus?' Yan Fen asked.

'No,' Mac Wu said. 'It's an unknown virus.'

'Can I take a look at the slides?' Zhen Zhen asked.

'What are you doing here?' Yan Fen asked.

'You didn't say I could leave,' Zhen Zhen said.

'I'm sorry,' Yan Fen said.

Mac Wu thought he had seen Zhen Zhen somewhere before, but he couldn't remember where.

'Can you let me take a look?' Zhen Zhen asked again.

'This isn't a toy,' Lam Chen said.

Lam Chen didn't think Zhen Zhen could identify the virus if even Mac Wu couldn't identify the virus.

Zhen Zhen ignored the doubts on everyone's faces. She put on a white lab coat, goggles and gloves then she walked into the lab.