Chapter 60

Grandma.

'Xiao Jia, if I didn't come visit Gu Zai, would you have left without seeing me?' Louis asked.

'What's the point of seeing you when I'll be leaving soon?' Ling Jia asked.

Upstairs, Zhen Zhen looked out the bedroom window into the garden. She saw Ling Jia and Louis sitting together in the garden under the moonlight.

Yue Gu Zai hugged Zhen Zhen from behind.

'Gu Zai, I pity Louis too,' Zhen Zhen said. 'He loves your mum. But he can't change the reality, and he can't see your mum whenever he misses her. On the rare days he gets to see your mum, he has to look at her being happy with your dad.'

'Zhen Zhen, let them deal with their own lives,' Yue Gu Zai said. 'It's late, let's sleep.'

Zhen Zhen saw Ling Jia left Louis alone in the garden before she walked to the bed.

The next day, Ling Jia took Zhen Zhen on a baby shopping trip. Although Yue Gu Zai could buy all the children's shops for his and Zhen Zhen's baby, Ling Jia wanted to choose clothes for her second grandchild.

Zhen Zhen didn't need to buy designer clothes for the baby. She was happy to buy comfortable clothes for the baby.

Ling Jia didn't like wasting money, but she wanted the best clothes for her grandchild. She bought all the baby clothes in a children's clothing shop that sold designer baby clothes, and she became the shop assistants' favorite customer of the day.

'I want to buy two cute baby outfits,' Lam Zheng said.

'Miss, I'm sorry,' the shop assistant said. 'Today this lady bought all the baby clothes in the shop. Miss, you can come back another day to buy baby clothes.'

Lam Zheng thought the shop assistant meant Zhen Zhen bought all the baby clothes.

'Oh it's you,' Lam Zheng said. 'I'll pay you double if you give me two of the baby outfits you bought.'

'Zhen Zhen, is she your friend?' Ling Jia asked.

'Mum, this is Lam Zheng,' Zhen Zhen said. 'She's an old classmate. The man next to her is Yang Cheng.'

If Lam Zheng and Yang Cheng weren't Zhen Zhen's friends, Ling Jia didn't want to give away her grandchild's baby clothes.

'Are the baby clothes wrapped up?' Ling Jia asked the shop assistant.

'Yes,' the shop assistant said.

'Deliver the baby clothes to this address,' Ling Jia said.

'Hey, I said give me two of the baby outfits you bought,' Lam Zheng said.

'Lam Zheng, We can go somewhere else to buy baby clothes,' Yang Cheng said.

'No, big sister wore clothes from here since she was a little girl,' Lam Zheng said.

Lam Zheng didn't want to make life easy for the vixen Zhen Zhen.

'Are you deaf?' Lam Zheng asked. 'Didn't you hear me tell you to give me two baby outfits?'

'I'm sorry,' Ling Jia said. 'I'm not deaf. I can hear humans talking clearly. But I can't understand a crazy dog's bark.'

'Did you call me a crazy dog?' Lam Zheng asked.

'Mum, watch out,' Zhen Zhen warned.

Ling Jia hit Lam Zheng's raised arm before Lam Zheng could hit her.

'Zhen Zhen, do you think I need a rabies vaccine after touching a crazy dog?' Ling Jia asked.

'Mum, don't worry,' Zhen Zhen said. 'Looks like this crazy dog has no teeth and only knows how to bark.'