Chapter 62 (2)

Soccer Ball.

'Ladies and gentlemen please sit in your assigned seats,' the MC said. 'All contestants must come onto the stage before the commencement of round one otherwise they'll be disqualified. The winners of round one will be eligible to move onto round two. Contestants not abiding by the rules will be instantly disqualified by the judging panel. There'll be an intermission between round one and round two for the judging panel to judge and to setup round two. The third round will commence tomorrow morning.'

The contestants sat at their assigned tables on stage. Zhen Wu sat in the middle row on stage and La Ba Te sat behind him.

Zhen Wu carefully read the instructions for round one then he began to code a program onto his computer.

La Ba Te read the instructions of round one. It was a challenging round one, and he saw many contestants forfeit the competition. He was startled to see Zhen Wu calmly start round one in front of him.

'Zhen Wu, do your best!' Lucy cheered.

Lucy stood on her chair in the front row, and she waved her hands in the air to cheer for Zhen Wu. Her guard held her waist because he was scared she would fall off the chair.

Zhen Wu looked up and he felt shy to have Lucy cheer him on in the audience when everyone else were quiet. He saw the head judge turned around and gave Lucy a stern look. Lucy smiled, sat down on her chair and he looked back at his computer screen and continued to code.

One second before the end of round one, La Ba Te uploaded his completed program. He looked up, and as he expected Zhen Wu was sitting still in front of him. He felt confident Zhen Wu would be knocked out in round one.

The contestants who received a fail from the judging panel cursed or cried because they were knocked out of the competition. When Zhen Wu received a pass, he calmly walked off stage toward Zhen Zhen.

La Ba Te obstructed Zhen Wu's way and he spoke to Zhen Wu in Italian.

'Congratulations for passing round one,' La Ba Te said.

Zhen Wu replied in Italian too.

'Thank you,' Zhen Wu said.

Zhen Wu walked around La Ba Te and he didn't look back.

'The little boy got lucky,' John said to La Ba Te.

'The little boy isn't bad if he can pass round one,' La Ba Te said.

'Anyone who wins first place today will be sought after by the biggest companies,' John said.

'I only want to be accepted into Dawson's company,' La Ba Te said.

Zhen Wu ran to hug Zhen Zhen.

'Mum,' Zhen Wu called.

'Zhen Wu, you did well,' Zhen Zhen praised.

'Round two doesn't start until the afternoon,' Ling Jia said. 'Let's go and eat lunch. The competition rules state all family members of contestants who pass round one are rewarded a free lunch.'

Zhen Zhen smiled at the way Ling Jia's eyes lit up at the sight of a free lunch.

The richest companies sponsored the extravagant lunch buffets for the competition. Luckily Ling Jia didn't know Yue's company was one of the sponsors otherwise she wouldn't be happily eating lunch at the table reserved for Zhen Wu's family.

'Congratulations Zhen Wu,' Lucy said.

Lucy held her grandpa's hand to walk to Zhen Wu's table.

'Thank you,' Zhen Wu said politely.