Chapter 66 (2)

Daughter.

Tan Xu Er left work early, and she went to pick up Yue Gu Zai at the restaurant. But when she arrived at the restaurant, paramedics were carrying Yue Gu Zai into an ambulance and the woman by his side was Zhen Zhen.

Tan Xu Er drove home, and she sat in the quiet dining room. She knew one day Zhen Zhen would find Yue Gu Zai but she didn't expect it would be so soon.

At the hospital, Yue Gu Zai was in a stable condition. Zhen Zhen sat by his bedside and she held his hand.

'Mrs Yue, boss is going to OK,' Bai Yu Tian said. 'He lost his memories a year ago. When he wakes up, there is a good chance he'll regain his memories.'

'Bai Yu Tian, I want you perform the laser surgery on my eyes,' Zhen Zhen said.

'Mrs Yue, everything is prepared,' Bai Yu Tian said. 'I was only waiting for you consent.'

'Um,' Zhen Zhen said.

Zhen Zhen kissed Yue Gu Zai's forehead.

'Gu Zai, wait for me,' Zhen Zhen said.

In the operating room, before Zhen Zhen was induced to sleep, she thought about how she was fated to meet Yue Gu Zai and how cruelly they were separated. After she regained her sight, she didn't want to be separated from him again.

Zhen Zhen didn't think she could ever love someone like the way she loved Yue Gu Zai. Her biggest dream was simple, she wanted to be with Yue Gu Zai for the rest of their lives.

Although Yue Gu Zai didn't say he loved Zhen Zhen, she knew how much he loved her. He sacrificed everything for her to be alive.

After the eye laser surgery, Zhen Zhen opened her eyes and the sunlight she hadn't seen for a year slowly appeared in front of her eyes.

Yue Gu Zai hugged Zhen Zhen, and their pain melted away.

'You regained your eyesight,' Yue Gu Zai said. 'You're not allowed to cry.'

'Gu Zai, do you know how much I missed you?' Zhen Zhen asked. 'I thought you died... did you know how much pain I was in when I thought you died... in that moment I finally understood how much I loved you. Everyone consoled me, but I couldn't stop crying. I cried to the point I couldn't see. During the months you weren't with me, I didn't want to live. I missed you so much, but why did you forget me?'

'Zhen Zhen, I'm sorry,' Yue Gu Zai said.

After Yue Gu Zai and Zhen Zhen were discharged from the hospital they went home together. Louis informed him what happened in the year he disappeared. Unexpectedly, Tan Lang didn't make any moves against Ni Sheng when he was missing.

Two weeks later, Yue Gu Zai received evidence Shu Tang Jue had his and Zhen Zhen's daughter.

'Zhen Zhen, I want to go get our daughter back,' Yue Gu Zai said.

'No,' Zhen Zhen said. She held onto Yue Gu Zai's hand. 'Don't go.'

'Zhen Zhen, he has our daughter,' Yue Gu Zai said. 'Our daughter belongs with us.'

'Gu Zai, I want to come with you,' Zhen Zhen said.

'Zhen Zhen, stay home and wait for me,' Yue Gu Zai said. 'I'll bring our daughter home.'

'Gu Zai, you have to come back to me,' Zhen Zhen said.

'I will,' Yue Gu Zai said.

Yue Gu Zai kissed Zhen Zhen's forehead.

Yue Gu Zai drove to Tan Xu Er's home first.

At Tan Xu Er's home, she left all of Yue Gu Zai's clothes on the sofa. He hadn't returned for two weeks. She suspected he regained his memories.