Chapter 73

Knock knock.

:

Li Cheng's dad threw a fit. He told Li Cheng off for divorcing Su Xiao Ya, he disapproved of Li Cheng marrying Zi Lan and he told Li Cheng was useless for losing the business development deal to Tan Tu Hang.

Su Xiao Ya's dad came to Qua Qua's home to demand money from Su Xiao Ya after he found out Su Xiao Ya's engaged to Huyen Di. Huyen Di's busy on a mission. Huyen Di sent Cheng Yi to get rid of Su Xiao Ya's dad and take Su Xiao Ya to the hospital to check up on the baby.

***

At the hospital, Cheng Yi was surprised to see Chu Gian had an appointment with an obstetrician.

'Chu Gian, why do you look so lost?' Cheng Yi asked.

Chu Gian stared at her pregnancy test results.

'I'm pregnant,' Chu Gian said.

'Does the Bai fox know?' Cheng Yi asked.

'I don't want to have a baby this soon,' Chu Gian said.

Chu Gian didn't think she would be married. She wasn't used to being a good wife to Bai Yu Tian. She wasn't ready to be a wife and a mother.

'Chu Gian, talk to the Bai fox,' Cheng Yi said. 'He's your husband and the father of your baby.'

'I'll tell him when I'm ready,' Chu Gian said.

Cheng Yi was worried Chu Gian would abort her baby in secret. If that happened and Bai Yu Tian found out he knew and didn't tell Bai Yu Tian, there would be no place for him to hide.

At the Yue Household, Zhen Zhen spring cleaned the mansion. She didn't want a messy mansion to scare away her future daughter-in-law.

'Mum, if keep cleaning, you'll scare off big sister,' Yue Ni said. 'She'll think you have a germ phobia.'

Usually Zhen Zhen was easy going about her family members' eating habits. But Yue Ni eating snacks in front of the TV minutes before Zhen Wu and Lucy's arrival made Zhen Zhen anxious.

'Xiao Ni, stop eating snacks,' Zhen Zhen said. 'There are crumbs everywhere. Your big brother and big sister will be here soon.'

'Mum, big sister isn't here yet but you're already favoring your daughter-in-law over your daughter,' Yue Ni said.

Yue Ni continued to snack and watch TV.

'Xiao Ni, I'll go see if your dad needs help in the kitchen,' Zhen Zhen said. 'Oh, I forgot to tell you. Tonight, your small dad and small mum are coming over for dinner too.'

'Mum!' Yue Ni said. 'Why didn't you tell me sooner? Is the little boy Shu Tang Li eating dinner here too?'

'Xiao Ni, if I told you sooner, you would have ran away by now,' Zhen Zhen said. 'You and Xiao Li are like cat and mouse. I think Xiao Li's a good boy. He's respectful to his elders, and he treats you and everyone fairly.'

'Mum... you don't know what the little boy Shu Tan Li is really like,' Yue Ni said.

Zhen Zhen ignored Yue Ni, and she walked into the kitchen.

'Gu Zai, do you think I'm underdressed?' Zhen Zhen said.

Yue Gu Zai thought Zhen Zhen looked as young as the day he married her. She didn't look like someone old enough to be a mother-in-law. The only difference between her and her younger self was her hair being short instead of long.

Yue Gu Zai put the knife on the kitchen bench. He hugged Zhen Zhen, kissed her and he helped adjust her clothes.

'Zhen Zhen, you look beautiful,' Yue Gu Zai said. 'Relax, you're too tensed.'