Chapter 57

My eyes dart to our joined hands and I let out a small gasp and I'm about to protest when I suddenly remember what he said.

Don't yell.

Instead of saying anything, I look up from our hands to his face. His typical stone cold look was staring back at me. "Eh, Levi, what is this?" I whisper.

"Well. I miss-" He suddenly clears his throat, "I disliked it when we were apart."

"I never left..." I reply, confused.

"It felt like I did." His dark eyes bore into mine, saying more than his words. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I've failed to mention this before but, I will always stay with you, by your side. Whether you like it or not. I'm here to stay and I apologise for not mentioning this earlier." His hand tightens around mine.

I give his hand a little squeeze and smile at him, "Thank You."

***

I adjust my uniform and then leave the study. Levi is still lying on the ground, half asleep. Once I step out I see Eren lying on a couch, with his arms crossed.

"Good Morning." He mutters when he notices me.

"Morning to you too..?" I raise an eyebrow at him and he lets out a deep sigh.

"Hange isn't ready to go back to my house yet! She's taking forever! Also hardly anyone is awake! It is very annoying." He complains.

"Eren," A mischievous grin forms on my face. Eren glances up at me confused. "I have an idea, follow me."

He gets up and I lead him into the kitchen. We make sure we don't step on any sleeping bodies on our way in. I stop in front of a cupboard and open it. A small amount of dust comes out and I wave it away with my hand. I look into the cupboard and see exactly what I need. I take 4 out and hand 2 to Eren. Eren's face lights up when I hand it to him.

"On three," I say and he nods, "One... Two. THREE!" Eren and I simultaneously start banging the frying pans against each other, creating a loud ruckus.

Sasha springs up from her lying position and looks around alarmed, and definitely disturbed. "Stop farting Sasha." Connie mutters from under his blanket, "Wait..." Connie also shoots up out of his makeshift bed and gets into a fighting stance. They both stare at us and first sigh, then glare at us.

"Idiots." They mutter to each other

I grin and lead Eren to the Lounge. We then start banging the pans against each other and then dash out of the room, afraid of the look portrayed on Mikasa's face when she heard the noise.

***

The remaining Survey Corps soldiers stood outside Eren and Mikasa's broken down house. Eren and Mikasa stare at it remains while Hange and I walk over and start to move over planks of fallen wood.

"Looks like it didn't flood." Hange mutters.

"That's good." I mumble in reply. I still feel overwhelmed at the fact we are about to find the truth about the Titans. Levi, beside me, lifts up a latch which reveals a staircase going down.

The Basement

I glance over at Hange and see a serious look plastered on her face. She notices me staring a puts on a grin, "Ladies first." She says and gestures downwards.

"Har Har Har." I roll my eyes and make my way down. The staircase creaks with each step everyone takes. I reach the bottom and see a door in front if me.

"Eren," I call him, "The key." I gesture towards the keyhole. "Open it."

I take in a deep breath as I watch Eren remove the key from his neck and slides it into the keyhole.

Several seconds pass and Titan Boy still hasn't open the door.

"What is it?" I ask in annoyance. The suspense is too much.

"I..." He stares at the keyhole, "I don't think this key is for this door." He finishes. I let out a sigh.

"Should have said earlier." I throw myself at the wooden door and it instantly breaks. It falls down straight and I let out another sigh.

"Be careful next time, Y/N" Mikasa whispers to me. I give her a half smile then look around.

BASEMENT SPOILER COMING IN THE NEXT CHAPTER

So I know I left you guys chapter-less for 2 weeks, oof.

Really sorry about that, I just kinda slept through the whole Mid-Term and I only feel properly rested now at the end of the holiday *eye roll*

Anyway, this chapter is slightly shorter than usual due to the fact I didn't want to spill the secrets of the Basement yet.

Suspense.