Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Nice Bra.

Anna

The backyard is a lot more cooler-looking than the inside. The fairy lights hanging around on the trees and on the walls of the house. There is a small bar with a guy pouring pink liquid into a cup, while people sit on the stools in front of it.

A medium sized pool is in the middle of the green space, a few people are hanging out in it and splashing each other. There is even a DJ with the speakers blasting Move Your Body by Sia. A bunch of teenagers are on the dance floor, only it isn't as crowded as the one inside. And the rest are seated on the cushioned garden chairs connected together.

I preferred the backyard than the inside of the house, if you ask me.

"Well, I think this place is much better for you, Anna," Sophie says, her eyes sweeping around the place.

"Yeah, it's great," I nod my head.

"How about we go dance?" Riley offers.

"You guys can go ahead. I'm too tired to do anything," I tell them.

"If you want to leave, we can leave now. It's not a problem," Colette claims.

"I'm fine, really. You guys go," I smile at them, reassuringly.

The three of them give me a pointed look and when they notice that my facial expression doesn't manage to falter, they nod before walking over to the glowing dance floor and joining the others.

I look around, trying to spot some familiar faces. Almost half of the people inside are now outside. I don't see Cameron anywhere, so I'm guessing he left. And I silently pray for God that mum wouldn't spill out everything.

My eyes suddenly land on Luke who is sitting on one of the cushioned chairs. Looking really handsome in black pants, a leather jacket and a white shirt, may I add. He always manages to look good anyways.

I really wanted to thank him about the gift and how much I loved it. I decided to muster up my courage, pull my big girl pants up and walk over to him.

His eyes are fixated on the phone in his hands, as he scrolls through it with his thumb and in his other hand there's a dark red lighter that he keeps turning on and off, making a tiny flame appear dancing every time it's on.

I stand right in front of him, then I bend down a bit and tilt my head to the side downwards, my hair dangling down, so I can catch his gaze. I feel a sense of déjà vu hitting me, but I just ignore it and push it in the back of my mind.

Luke notices me and raises an eyebrow at me, as in question of 'what the heck are you doing?'.

"Hey," I smile.

"Hey, Cherries," he replies back with a small grin, before looking up fully as he slips his lighter in his jacket's pocket and I stand straight back up.

"Mind if I take a seat?" I point at the chair connected to his.

"No, not at all," he shakes his head.

I sit down next to him. "So, are you enjoying this?" I gesture to the party.

"Yeah, I guess," he answers.

"Where are Zach and Alex?" I frown in confusion.

"There," he points at the pool.

Zach is dancing in the water, a bit crazier than usual, while Alex shakes his head at him. Zach notices the disapproving look of his friend and he starts splashing him. Alex manages to escape away from the raining water, but then Zach tackles him. I laugh at their silliness and look back at Luke.