trust

☆☆☆

Why can't I just disappear?

I sped up my walking pace as I zoomed past all of the snickering students pointing at me. One little thing can badly hurt your reputation.

I deeply regret my past decisions of going to that stupid idiot and confessed my feelings to him. Only for him to share it to everyone, they think that I'm a hopeless girl who is trying to gain the attention of a cliche popular boy who is way out of her league.

I clenched my fists as my chest does so too, running to the nearest bathroom and finally shutting the stall behind me with a loud click that echoed throughout the isolated restroom.

I was angry. Angry because my feelings took over me making me do some humiliating things. I got over the feelings for him pretty quickly, but not so quickly that I finally realized how much I screwed up. I buried my head into my legs as I contemplate about my whole future with a partner leading up to this. Disgust completely engulfed me, how could I have been so blind?

I told myself over and over that I shouldn't be upset for this stupid reason, but it reached the ears of the whole school. Can I please just dissolve into thin air or something?

It took me a while to realize that salty tears were streaming down my pudgy cheeks as I looked up. I accepted it, and completely turned into a sobbing mess.

Why did I screw it up so badly? I buried my face in my hands once more as stress and worry took over me mentally.

I've never thought I wanted to erase myself so badly before.

"Is anyone in here?" A gentle tone came from outside my stall as I froze up. Unable to move, I watched the shadow walk back and forth across the stall door.

"I-uh," I stuttered in between sobs. "I'm in here." My voice waned on the last word.

Finally, the stall door slid open to reveal a young man, wearing only a t-shirt and jeans. He didn't wear a uniform, and his hair was a dark shade of purple. Why was he in the girls bathroom?! I mentally panicked.

"You know, this is the boys bathroom." He said, adjusting his odd looking crewneck shirt. "And I heard you crying in the hallway, you were pretty loud."

"S-sorry." I clumsily stood up, my face flushed furiously.

Gazing at me with pitiful eyes, he said, "If you have some time, you can talk to me."

Me? Wasting his time to talk about something that didn't matter to him? Blasphemy. He just wanted to make me feel less shitty.

"Look, I don't want to waste your time." I said.
"And I don't know your name, but thanks for the offer."

"I'm Aren. Kuboyasu Aren." He stuck out a hand in my direction to shake. "I don't have much time on my hands either, so.."

"(L/N) (Y/N)." I attempted to steadily catch his hand and shake it.

Well, his hands are pretty soft.

"So what brings you here?" He asked while we broke our hand contact. He was actually nicer than I thought he would be, it's just that his resting face is a little intimidating.

I mercilessly tried to avoid eye contact, and I smiled weakly to the ground.

His face dropped. "Oh yeah, you're that girl.."

It was my turn for my face to drop. I'm already suffering, and he just made me feel worse because he recognized me as the girl who screwed up her chance with a well-known guy. And she also was humiliated in front of the whole school. Yup, that's me.

Tears suddenly pricked the corners of my eyes. "If you're going to make fun of me for it, might as well leave and take your ass-kissing words with you too."

"No! No, I'm so sorry." He threw his hands up in surrender.

"You really think I'm going to do that?" He asked in disbelief. "I understand if you want to be left alone, but I think you need to leave now."

"Why? Because you th—"

As if on cue, another male walked in to the bathroom. Kuboyasu forced himself into my stall, shutting me up instantly. It was a pretty tiny space, my forehead leaning on his chest.

Oh god, his build is gorgeous.

"Kuboyasu, are you here?" The other male knocked on our stall.

Shit.