10: Little Actions

[ a/n: how the hell is this book ranked #58 in fanfiction i'm— anyways, sorry for taking long to update! i was drowning in proj deadlines plus currently on a trip hehe. ]

• • •

Weekend came and I forgot to set my alarm on the previous night.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.", I panicked when I saw the time on my phone screen, getting out of the bed immediately as I messed my hair.

9:27am

I promised Taehyung that we'd meet by 9:30am at a café across the street I live in.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face and quickly put on my make up. Now, 9:39am.

I dashed down the stairs, not bothering to respond my brother's curiosity.

"Where are you going—"

I ran pass him and quickly put on my heels, one of my hand resting on the wall for support. I ran out of the gates, heading to the café.

By the time I reached in front of the café, it was already 9:45am. I was so exhausted that my chest was heaving up and down as I tried to catch my breath. My hands were on my knees, my head hung low and my eyes closed.

"Minhee, you alright?"

A familiar deep voice said, startling me. I looked up and saw Taehyung standing in front of me. Worry was written all over his face.

"I—", I took a deep breath and straightened up myself. "I am alright. Let's go in, shall we?", I chimed and he nodded.

We walked inside the café and sat somewhere far from the window, afraid that we would run into some crazy paparazzi. The moment we sat down, he threw a question at me.

"You look so tired. I saw you exhausted by the door so I came over to check on you.", he said.

"I'm alright. I just ran all the way here because I woke up late.", I scratched the back of my neck, feeling embarrassed.

"You don't have to put yourself in trouble like this. I don't mind waiting for you.", he pouted.

SUCH AN ANGEL I-

"But, it was my fault for not setting my alarm last night. So, I have to pay for the consequences.", I giggled and he shook his head.

"Nope. It's my fault. You're a busy woman so you must be feeling very tired. So stupid of me for asking you to give me your time on a weekend when you should actually be resting."

"Taehyung, its fine really.", I giggled out.

"I feel bad.", he sighed.

"Stop feeling bad. Never mind that. Shall we order something first? I am hungry.", I rubbed my tummy, changing the subject.

"Okay.", he grinned.

I ordered egg benedicts and latte while he ordered french toast and earl gray tea.

"Where are we doing the photoshoot? Have you scouted the location?", I asked.

"Oh, about that. I did concept boards for it.", he said and took out some A3 papers from a black file.

"Here.", he placed the papers on the table and I took a look at them.

They were mood boards and concept boards for the photoshoot. The color code was peachy, navy bluish and silvery. The aesthetic was flowery, feminine and gentle. I smiled at that.

"I can tell that you're very serious in doing what you love.", I said as I looked up and met his warm brown eyes.

He chuckled shyly. "Yeah, I guess. I am going all out for this shoot.", he beamed and I laughed.

"What are you going to do with the photos afterwards though? A lookbook? Or is it just a experimental shoot?", I questioned.

"Hmm... I don't really know yet....", he trailed off. "I will think about it only after I have seen the outcomes, maybe?", he said and I nodded.

"Fair enough."

Our orders came and we ate up the food real fast since we were famished. I was going to pay because he paid for our dinner last time. But guess what he did?

When he excused himself to go to the toilet, he didn't actually go to the toilet but went to the cashier to pay for our foods.

"Why?!", I whined, feeling upset. "You said I can pay for our next meal.", I stomped my feet.

"This is breakfast. I paid for our dinner last time so you now owe me both dinner and breakfast.", he grinned.

Ok, now imma test the waters-

"Hmm. Is that an excuse to meet up with me again?", I asked casually.

I'M EMBARRASSED BY OWN QUESTION ON THE INSIDE THOUGH.

"Perhaps.", he winked.

Oh god. Oh god......

I just gulped.

"So, where are we going?", I asked nonchalantly as we walked out of the café.

He stopped in his tracks and looked at me, his  one hand in his jacket's pocket.

"There's this underrated beautiful garden at the outskirts of Seoul. It's two hours drive from here. There isn't much visitors so great for us too, isn't?", he smiled.

"Oh, out of the city?", I asked and he nodded.

"Are you okay with it? If not, we can just—"

"I am fine with it.", I cut off his sentence. "Let me go take my car then."

"Ah, no need. I brought my car with me. I'll drive.", he smiled. That's when I freaked the fuck out.

Two hours drive with him?!

JUST THE TWO OF US?

Remain calm, Kang Minhee.

Grace and Poise, remember?!

"Oh. Okay. But, I'll drive."

"Nope.", he disagreed, making me frown.

"I'm driving, little miss. You sit beside me and sleep on the way.", he ruffled my hair.

And, there goes my heart again.

Kim Taehyung, are you aware of your little actions?

I didn't know I was staring at him for so long. I snapped out of my trance when he pulled my cheeks.

"Why are you looking at me with that face?", he chuckled. I quickly blinked, shaking away my thoughts. I tried to come up with an excuse but failed to do so.

"Let's get going.", I said as I walked pass him.

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.