xv. 0.5%

Can has expected himself to fail the exam.

He really did, because, well, he wasn't able to answer the questions at the latter part of the test questions and those questions are 5 points each! Also, Can was able to answer like half of it and half of that isn't sure so he knew he is doomed to fail and be tutored.

But when Can receives his score a week after, he feels frustration washing through him. Why? Here's why.

His score is 74.5%.

The passing score is 75%.

To where the 0.5% went to, Can doesn't know. It probably left the face off the earth along with his sanity.

Can wants to punch someone preferably the person who checked his paper. Can's sure, there's a mistake with his paper, there must be a point that is mistakenly unchecked. There should be a point. All Can needs is a freaking point! Just.One.Point.

Can immediately scans his papers and almost dramatically slides down on the wall when he realizes his mistake. He puts a positive sign instead of a negative sign. Damn his brain. His brain is really the evil thing in his life, his brain wants him to suffer.

"Hey Can! How's the result?" Pete asks after getting his own result.

Can heaves a heavy sigh of despair. "I failed. By 0.5%. Can you believe that shit?" Can leans forward to look at Pete's paper. "Anyway, what's yours? Did you pass?"

Pete happily nods and gives his paper to Can. "I don't know what miracle happened to my paper but I'm very grateful, at least, I don't have to attend a tutoring session."

Can grumbles when he remembers that. Since he failed the exam, he has to attend a tutoring session. "The only comforting feeling is that it's Tum who's going to tutor me."

"Actually, that's not sure. The head in Calculus is the one to give the students their tutors, as far as I know, no one has ever succeeded to change their tutoring partners since the school is avoiding the couples to be paired up with."

Can slightly frowns. He can't imagine being paired up with someone he barely knows. But then, of course, there's Tin, well, that'll be a disaster too.

"Anyway, did you hear about Tin's score?"

Can shakes his head. Can doesn't want to know, to be honest. He knows Tin passed, of course, he does.

"He's the top-notcher in our batch."

Can's eyes widened. He knows that Tin's a genius in Calculus but he doesn't know that he's that genius. "What?!"

Pete chuckles at Can's shocked face. "Yeah. It's not shocking anymore. Tin always gets the top score. You want to know what his score is?"

Can squints his eyes. "Uhm... a 100?"

Pete smirks. "Nope. 102."

Double what?!

What the hell? Okay. 100 is perfect. But 102? That's... that's a robotic thing to do. It's out of this world perfect. No wonder Tin acts like a robot. He's literally a robot.

"Wait, how? How was he able to get that score? Is it possible to get a score like that?"

"He corrected one of the questions and the answer to number 22, he said that it should be a negative there instead of a positive sign so the teacher gave him additional points. So yeah, that's Tin."

Apparently, for Tin, it is possible.

"Wait, number what?"

"22, why?"