Sequel Chapter 12 "Happy anniversary"

*AUBREY'S POV*

"I'm just going to tell her I got sick," Eli whines from his bed. 

"Get up wuss," Aiden jumps on him with his elbow out. I wince as I witness Aiden's elbow first-hand dig into Eli's side. 

I swear, one of these days these guys are going to end up killing each other. 

At least Luke isn't in here though. There would be much more fighting if he was in here and I know that for a fact.

That is exactly why I fixed him something to eat, turned on ESPN, and closed the bedroom door. Hopefully, that will keep him occupied for a while and who knows, maybe he'll fall asleep. 

"Eli, you have non-stop texted me all day, even when I was in class, begging me to help you and you're not about to bail out on this," I place my hands on my hips. 

"I'm an actual idiot. Like I can't think around her," he pulls at the ends of his hair and I internally aw. 

"You can't think around anyone, dumbass," Aiden chides and I pinch the bridge of my nose. 

"Why is he being quiet?" Aiden asks me after Eli stays silent for a while. 

"I'm cursing you and your family, shut up," Eli shushes him and I wince. 

"If you don't want to do this," I stand up, "I do have homework I need to do so I'll just go do tha-"

"No! No! I'll stop, I'm ready, please help me for the love of God and Jesus and Mary and Joseph and the farm animals and everyone else," he grabs ahold of my arm, pulling me back.

"Damn, when was the last time you went on a date?" Aiden asks and Eli looks at the ceiling in thought.

"June...July...about three years ago," he nods and my eyes widen a tad. I wasn't expecting that. 

"And it didn't end well," he groans, "she ended up getting our waiter's number which honestly has me scarred."

What type of girl goes on a date with someone only to get someone else's number? That's just so mean. 

"That's tough man," Aiden actually says, which is the nicest thing he's said since strutting into the room.

"I mean I did tell her she was a stuck up, horse-toothed witch before she asked for his number but she was rude," he explains further. 

"Okay, let's stop talking about that bad date. We need to focus on this one which starts in an hour, by the way," I tell him and his face morphs into one of nervousness. 

"Where are you taking her, have you decided?" Aiden questions, getting comfortable on the bed like he's about to go to sleep. 

"Um, dinner?" Eli mumbles, unsure. 

"What are you going to wear?" I question and he breathes heavily like he's out of breath. 

"I don't know," he wheezes out, holding his heart. 

"Eli, you need to calm down and take deep breaths. Everything will be fine and I'll help you find something to wear," I pat his arm to help him calm himself. 

____________________

"Okay, good?" Eli walks out in the outfit I put him in. Nice jeans and a nice shirt, nothing too casual but nothing too formal so that he can basically go to any restaurant they choose. 

"Very good," I clap my hands excitedly.

"Why can't this be easy? You and Luke make it look so easy," he groans, banging his head against his wall.