10

The goat led me down the long corridor I had ran down about a week ago.

At least, it feels like a week.

Hard to tell when there's no time coordination in the Underground.

Soon enough, we were back in the hall at the top of the stairs.

The unsavoury scent caught my attention again.

It seemed to be coming from somewhere on the right.

The female goat in front of me turned to look at me, "So Child. This is my house. I know your name. Y/n, was it? Yes, Y/n. My name is Toriel."

I nodded.

"Are you hungry, Child?" Toriel asked.

The thought of food...

I hadn't had much to eat since Sans had taken me to Grillby's.

But I hadn't wanted anything to eat since.

Until now.

Hunger washed over me like pain as I nodded to Toriel.

She smiled and took my hand in her big, fluffy paw.

"Come then, I have some pie prepared."

Toriel took me to the right, past a living room with a cosy looking chair in it and then into a room that ressembled a kitchen.

On the side was a freshly baked pie.

I scrunched up my nose in disgust.

The disgusting smell was this pie. Whatever it was baked with couldn't be good.

I saw Toriel get a sharp knife from out of a drawer.

Flowey looked up at me, disgust evident on his face. 'Blood' he mouthed to me.

Blood?

I looked at him confused.

'Blood pie' he whispered this time.

Blood. Pie.

The scent was blood...

Was it Toriel that had killed those monsters?

Was I about to eat those monsters?!

Toriel cut a slice from the pie and passed it to me.

I took it from her and then saw her take the knife again.

It looked like it had been a weapon at a murder scene, not used to cut a pie.

I turned my attention back to my slice of pie, my hunger disappearing again.

Normally when I'm not hungry, I can barely taste what I'm eating...

So, barely thinking it through, I took a bite out of the pie.

My mouth went numb.

I really couldn't taste anything.

But I could tell I was getting less and less hungry.

So without hesitation, I ate the rest of the slice.

When I was finished, I saw Toriel giving me a look of approval, "Did you enjoy the pie, my Child?"

Not knowing what to think of the pie, I just nodded.

She smiled at me before then asking, "I suppose you're tired. Would you like to go to bed?"

Just as before tiredness kicked in.

I swear, it feels like Toriel's doing something to me...

When she asked if I was hungry, I felt sudden hunger and now that she's asked if I wanted to go to bed, my energy just dropped.

So I just nodded.

She took my hand in her fluffy paw again and led me out of the kitchen, past the living room, into the hall and then into a corridor with three doors.

She stopped at the first one.

She opened the door and stepped in, pulling me through with her.

Just like most of the house, the room had an edgy feel to it, the red and black colours giving it an off look.

"You can stay in this room, Child. And before I go..."

She walked over to the door and took out an old looking key.

"Don't. Try. To. Escape..." she told me, her smiling face clouded with insanity before she shut the door, a faint click sound coming from it.

So she'd locked me in.

If there was some kind of hammer, I could've easily smashed the door down.

But there wasn't a hammer, and I didn't feel like bringing myself attention.

Instead, I looked to Flowey.

"She se-seems n-nice..."

Flowey had a small panic attack in front of me.

"That's what she wants you to believe!! She brings any live creature into here and then sweetens them up with how kind she looks. When she's gained their trust, she kills them!!"

That doesn't make sense...

"If-if she's s-so e-evil... The-then how d-does she a-act k-kind in the fi-first place?"

Flowey sighed, shaking his head.

"Because she never used to be like this... She used to be the kindest monster in the Underground. But when her and Asgore's son went missing, everyone became cruel because of Asgore. Including herself..."

"Th-that's horrible..." I whispered.

I could imagine Toriel being kind. Her dress being a colour other then red... Maybe purple...

And instead of having blood stained teeth and blood red eyes, she'd have a gentle smile and caring eyes...

(Why am I describing this as if it's a Tori X Reader...)

"Sh-shame.."

Flowey looked around in panic, or as if he'd said something wrong.

"But everyone can change, right?"