29. Alicia's Eighteenth

"Wake up sleepy head, it's urgent." Someone screamed in my ears and I pushed that certain someone using all my force.

"How can someone sleep at 9pm?" the same person said again and I groaned in annoyance.

"Go away Em." I emitted wearily, yawning.

"Wake up Ali. Sophia needs us." she straightened me by lifting me up by my back.

"What happened?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"I don't know. She called me and she was crying a lot. I asked her but she didn't tell me anything." she lamented.

On hearing this, my head cleared and all the sleep flew out of window. "Is she alright?" I asked in a worried voice.

"How would I know?" she sighed, pulling me out of the bed and throwing my hoodie at me. "Come on, let's go check if she needs us."

"Lemme ask Dad first." I argued but she told me that she had already asked my Dad. In my same confused, disoriented stated, I made my way to her car and she revved the engine. Soon, we were out of our area to the more populated part of the city.

I have never been to Sophia's house before so I had no idea where Emily was taking me. If she was any other girl, I would have felt scared like what if she had planned of killing me or throwing me off a cliff but it was Emily. Sweet, innocent Emily.

"Didn't she live near the school?" I asked when Emily turned the car towards the opposite side. "Where are you taking me?" I grew paranoid.

"To her beach house. Remember she told us that she was spending the week there?" she asked and I stressed on my brain but didn't remember when Sophia told us anything about her beach house.

"You must be dreaming about Adam then." she teased and I blushed at her words. It was possible, me being lost in his thoughts while both of them were busy chatting about weird topics.

The roads grew silent and the wind turned more chilled than before. Her car was now wiggling between huge, expensive beach houses and I was looking at them in awe. I had always wanted a beach house but Dad said that he would never buy one. Though Uncle Caleb told me one time that Dad used to have one, in his hometown.

"I wonder why she was crying." I whispered, looking outside the window. "What if Andrew did something to her?"

"Let's not think about the worst for now." Emily responded.

She stopped the car in front of a black gate. I stepped out of the car and touched the gate to knock it but it was already unlocked. Emily and I exchanged a look after which I walked inside.

We passed through a beautiful lawn to reach the wooden door. Like the main gate, it was unlocked too and it took only a gentle push to open it. There was pitch black darkness inside the house, not a single ray of light was there.

"HHAPPPPYYY BIRTTTHDAYYY"

Many people screamed at once, giving me a mini heart-attack. The house immediately lit up and a swarm of girls and boys rushed towards me. Most of the faces were familiar, few were not. And in the front of the crowd stood Sophia, who was now running towards me and pulling me in a hug.

I was still too surprised to respond.

"How did you- Um.. How?" I was still looking around in surprise, feeling overwhelmed. I never had a surprise birthday party before so it was weird for me, wonderfully weird.

"Happy 18th birthday Alicia." Emily hugged me from my side. I returned her bear hug and Sophia joined us too.

"You guys actually managed to surprise me." I said, looking around at the decoration. Everything looked like it was perfectly planned, as if they both worked really hard for it.