61. Caught

I could instantly feel the headache along with a roll of nausea upon waking up.

'What the hell happened last night?'

I rubbed my temples meticulously, trying to combat the ache in my head along with the rest of my body. A tick of a clock rang annoyingly loud and clear in my ear drums as the seconds passed. 

Without opening my eyes I stretched, palms flat as they slid up the soft linen sheets as if I could make a snow angel in the confines of the comfy mattress. 

Until I was caught completely off guard.

My hand lingered in one specific area of the bed, the temperature much warmer than the rest of the sheets surrounding.

As if someone had been lying there not too long ago.

I clenched the sheets in panic and without warning the memories whipped around my brain before I had the chance to process anything else.

'Ahh, that's right. The bar. All those tequila shots. That fall... '

Through squinting eyes I peeped around at my surroundings. I took in the familiar monochrome interior, lavender air freshener scent filling my nostrils and on cue I flung myself upwards, wincing from the sudden force.

A wave of embarrassment washed over my body and I fought the urge to throw up, flopping back onto the mattress while covering my mouth with one hand.

'Jin didn't... ' 

I took another petrifying look around the all too recognizable room before letting my eyes squeeze shut with a deep sigh.

'He did.' I glared up at the ceiling. 'I can't believe I ended up here of all places... '

I shook my head and ignored the pain this time, shoving the fluffy covers off my body. 

Placing my feet against the cool gray floor boards I forced myself to stand, fighting the slight nervous shake of my legs.

I looked myself over in the stand up mirror across the room, trying to flatten the wild pieces of hair sticking out, rubbing away the smudged mascara streaked across my cheeks. 

"He changed me?!" I looked the silky blue pajama set in disbelief, cheeks dusting pink. 

'I need to get the hell out of here. Now.'

I tip-toed over to the door, carefully wrapping my hand around the knob before pulling gently to open it with a soft click.

Slowly, I popped my head out of the doorway, glancing left and right down the dimly lit hall before deciding it was safe to step out.

Until my foot met with an ear splitting clatter of plates across a shiny metal serving tray resting on the floor in front of the door.

"Shit!" I whisper-shouted, pursing my lips to endure the pain while covering my ears from the loud noise.