25 - deceived

Bill took a deep breath. Saw ahead of himself, aimed, and fired. Time slowed down. It was only him and the target that existed right now. Come on Bill, he thought to himself, you have practised for this. There isn't a reason that you should fail. A thunk sounded throughout the forest. Birds scattered, and Bill grinned. He did it. The arrow had hit its mark. Bill turned towards Dipper and gave him his proud smirk. "Think you can do better?" Bill challenged, looking expectantly at Dipper.

Dipper frowned, looking towards the target where the arrow had hit right in the centre of the bullseye. He sighed, but grabbed the bow and an arrow anyways. He was not going to let Bill intimidate him with his cockiness.

Earlier that day Bill had asked Dipper if he had wanted to go down to the shooting range in the forest, which he himself had set up, and aim a few arrows. Dipper who had always wanted to try shooting with a bow and arrow, immediately said yes. How he regretted it now. It was obvious that Bill had been practising as a pass time activity while he was in a coma.

Straightening his back, Dipper lifted his arms, his stance not the best, and tried to aim. Before he got the chance, Bill went behind him and whispered softly in his ear, "if you let me help you, you can shoot the arrow a lot further and closer to the target." Dipper thought about it, and agreed that maybe Bill should help, since he was obviously the better shot out of them. Bill took a hold of Dippers arms and moved them so that the bow was held in a firmer grip, and arrow was better aimed. Bill held Dipper around his slim waist and whispered softly yet again, "shoot." He let go of the string and watched the arrow fly towards the target.

It didn't hit bullseye, but it was an impressive first shot. The arrow hit just inside the outer ring of the target. Dipper jumped in glee. He did it! he had shot an arrow. When he was younger, he had looked up to characters like the arrow and robin hood. So, this was awesome in Dippers opinion. Of course he could improve, but lets just take this a step at a time.

Bill smiled at Dipper. He was so cute when he jumped around like that. Like a kid in a candy store. Chuckling, Bill scooped Dipper up into his arms and swung him around, both howling with laughter. This was one of the happiest moments of their lives. The happiest was obviously the marking, but this was a close second. They knew no trouble in this moment. Only peace and love on the planet earth.

*

"Gruncle Ford, why wont you listen to me." Mabel asked furiously. She was a hundred percent convinced that the mysterious brunette in the forest was Dipper. Another thing that she was convinced about was that the blonde one was somehow related to Bill Cipher, that demon dorito. How couldn't Ford see this!? Was he blind? The necklace she had found obviously belonged to Dipper.

"Mabel, how many times do I have to tell you this," Ford was rubbing the bridge of his nose in frustration, "we don't have definitive proof that this boy is Dipper. What if it is a stranger that just wants to live in peace and we ruin that?" Ford had grown tired of Mabel's continuous insistence that this was Dipper. He of course suspected so himself, but you could never be too sure without proof. Then Ford thought of something, "shouldn't you place that necklace back soon?"

"Why should I do that?" Mabel asked with a twinkle in her eyes. "This is the only piece of Dipper I have left, and isn't this a great opportunity?" a sinister grin made its way onto her face. "We could use it as bait." Ford shuddered at her tone. Was this the sweet girl from all those years ago? Or had he been deceived.