12

I yawned as I scribbled the notes in class. It was Korean Literature and Miss Han being the boring ass woman she was, was reading through the story monotonously.

I coughed as I continued writing without looking up. A tingling sensation went off in my throat and I coughed again. It was so eerily silent in the class, that I attracted the attention of a couple of people as I coughed.

I looked through my bag as I removed a handkerchief and pressed it against my mouth. The tingling sensation increased and I coughed straight into the handkerchief.

My eyes were watering and it was almost strenuous for me to hold it back. Miss Han had enough of it as she put her book down. "Kang Nana, if you have any inconvenience, you may excuse yourself from the class. You are disturbing everyone"

What an unsympathetic bitch. She didn't even ask me if I was okay. As those words left her mouth, I sprang to my feet and ran out of the class, straight towards the restroom.

I stopped as the coughing got out of control. I looked at the white handkerchief which had now turned completely red because of the blood. My hands trembled as I looked at it.

What in the actual world was wrong with me? Did I have cancer? Was I going to die? What was happening?

Another cough snapped me out of my thoughts and I fell to my knees as I tried to stop the blood by tightly pressing the cloth to my mouth.

Taehyung who was passing with Mingyu stopped as he heard a familiar sound somewhere nearby. "Mingyu go to my office, I will be there soon", he instructed and the boy left. Following the aura of the person, he quickened his pace until he reached one of the hallways.

His eyes widened as he saw Nana crouched on the floor, looking pathetic and in pain. He immediately ran up to her.

I felt a hand on my back and I looked up to see Taehyung looking at me worried. The man froze as he saw her bloodied lips and the white handkerchief in her hands which was drowned with the crimson liquid.

"What... what happened? Are you okay?", he asked rubbing my back as I coughed once more and blood came out.

"Water.. I want wanter", I managed and he immediately stood up, dashing through the corridor. He came back with a bottle of water in his hands as he gave it to me. I took a couple of sips which calmed me down before I harshly wiped my lips and mouth.

My intestines hurt because of how much I had coughed, making me curl up in a ball on the ground.

"I am calling Hoseok", he said and removed his phone but I held him back. "No, don't please.."

"You are not well and he seems to know how to make you feel better. Let me", Taehyung couldn't mention the healer part and hence he just hoped that Nana would agree.

"No please", I begged and he stopped. "He will tell Grandpa and I don't want to make the old man worried. He himself doesn't keep well. He doesn't need more worries in his life"

Taehyung's eyes softened as he heard this. He always thought of humans as very selfish and self-centered. Seeing Nana actually think about her grandfather before her made him realize not all of them were like that.

"We are going to the hospital then"

"There is no need. I am fine", I tried standing up but failed and fell back. He immediately held me, supporting me to sit on a chair nearby. "You are not fine. It's either Hoseok or the Hospital. Take a call"

"Why are you so stubborn?", I asked. "I said I don't want to go"

"I am not giving you a choice", he said before picking me up.