Chapter 2

In the morning Dana woke up early, despite sleeping late. After showering and getting dressed for the day, she grabbed her backpack and stepped outside her room.

Bianca and Luke's room was right across hers so she tried not to make a lot of noise and got down the stairs. The maids and the cook were already at work but she didn't see any of the family members around.

She greeted the staff, got something to eat and took care of the dishes herself before walking in the direction of the front door.

"Going somewhere?" She stopped from taking another step ahead and turned around.

"Nope. Whatever gives you that impression?" She asked sarcastically, staring at Ethan.

He shook his head slightly. "Another one of your smart replies. Anyways, I'm joining you."

"No."

"Wasn't asking, babe."

"Well, I don't want you to come along. And it's not like I'm going at some wild party with lots of drinks. I'm going exploring." They were flying back to New York tomorrow and she knew that she might not get a chance to come to Venice again. So, she wanted to go out and get a glimpse of their culture here and see different places....and take lots of pictures!

"Oh well. What a shame." He sighed and shrugged. "So, you must have everything arranged then. Your transportation and all."

"Yes. I am calling a cab." She folded her hands on her chest.

"Oh. Why not take the driver?"

"I want to either use public transportation or walk. Why am I telling you all this anyway?" She turned around and started walking

"So you have an international phone number?" His voice stopped her once again. "You know. To call the cab?"

She looked up towards the ceiling and gave an exasperated sigh. "No. But Bianca gave me a local cell phone."

"Great. So it must have the cab guy's number on it."

"Yes. Now, if you're done with your interrogation, I'm gonna make the call, wait till it gets here and leave."

"Sure. Have fun." There was something mischievous about his voice that Dana couldn't put her finger on. She didn't pay it much attention.

She walked to the living room and brought her phone out to make the call. When she tapped the 'contacts' app, it was empty.

"What?" She looked at her phone in confusion. She had asked Bianca last night to put the number of the cab company in the phone. Had Bianca forgotten?

"Enjoying your 'exploring'?" Ethan's voice close to her ear made her jump in surprise.

She looked at his face and knew he had something to do with it. "You! What did you do?" She glared. The phone had been with her since Bianca had given it to her last night. There was no way he could have erased the contact.

"Well, you see...Bianca didn't know the cab guy's number so she asked me to put it in for you...which I might or might not have done...." He had this smug look on his face that she wanted to punch right off.

"You are the most annoying person ever! Give me the number!"

"Nah."

"Fine. I'll google it."

"Funny. You don't know the wi-fi password."

"I-" She realized that she really didn't know the password and the phone in her hand didn't seem to have the internet service. "I will take the car." It was her turn to look smug.