Chapter 2: The Rescue

Updated: 23rd February 2019
______________________________

A mix of emotions filled McGonagall. How dare Albus not even THINK about Harry Potter. And he didn't even allow her to visit him. But why? What was he trying to hide? She pushed these thoughts away as she opened the door to her quarters and went to plan the lesson for the following day.

As the night went on, her worry and anger turned into confusion. Why was Severus Snape , the meanest and most vile person, helping her? Was it a trap? The more she tried to push this topic out of her head, the more it persisted in her brain. Finally, after finishing her planning, she decided to visit Privet Drive during the weekend.

Since it was really late, McGonagall decided to get some sleep, anyways tomorrow was Thursday so she better have a clear mind to plan her visit.

But once again, her dreams remained disturbed. This night, it wasn't Harry who appeared in her dreams, but Lily and James Potter. After seeing them, she knew it was a dream, but for some reason, couldn't get up. They beckoned her towards them and she soon found her legs walking towards them on their own accord.

"Help our son, Minerva. Severus, the old git has refused to help him because of his enmity with SOMEONE." Lily said, shooting a dirty look at James. "He is severely abused at my sister's house. Please."

Minerva looked at their faces. They were both sharing desperate looks. She sighed and said, "I will help him, don't worry, your boy will be safe with me." And with that, the image of the Potters disappeared and the rest of Minerva's sleep remained dreamless.

**Page Break**

Finally Friday came, the day of McGonagall's trip to Privet Drive. She planned the whole Thursday so she wouldn't get caught. Dumbledore hadn't suspected anything, and although she didn't like Snape, she didn't want him to get in trouble after he ever so kindly helped her. She prepared herself and apparated towards the outskirts of Privet Drive.

Privet Drive was a very small neighbourhood, with all the houses looking nearly identical. She walked towards Number 4 and stopped outside the gates and observed the brick house.

This house looked like every other house, except the garden. It was perfect unlike the other houses, with not a single blade of grass out of place. Minerva couldn't help get a little curious about that, since the couple had two kids and probably didn't have time to fuss over a garden. It wasn't like they had magic as well.

She had a good look around the perimeter of the house, looking for any signs of abuse. The windows of the house were slightly tinted, so Minerva couldn't look inside. So far everything looked normal, and she had some slight hope that these dreams meant nothing. But nothing could be confirmed without having a good look inside.

She made her way towards the door and rang the bell. Then she heard it, a loud thump followed by some slight muffled shouting of a man and a woman. After a loud slam of a door and the sound of keys jingling, the brown door was opened by Petunia Dursley.

Minerva managed to hold back a gasp. Petunia looked exactly like she did in her dream, wearing the exactly same apron. She had a look of confusion upon her bony face.

"How may I help you ma'am?" she inquired. Minerva came prepared for this question. She wore the Muggle business suit instead of her usual robes, because she knew that the muggles wouldn't trust her at all . In her opinion, they were very uncomfortable and tight. "Hi, I am part of the House Safety Organisation, our objective is to make sue that every house is safe for anyone. Do you mind if I come in and inspect your house?" she said, without stuttering. She watched as Petunia's expression soured.

"Let me check with my husband." she said and made her way into the house. Minerva held her breath as Petunia returned to the door. "He is fine with it. Please come in," she opened the door a little wider and beckoned for her to come in.

The house was in mint condition, with no evidence of any abuse. Petunia quickly motioned towards the second floor, trying to get Minerva away from the cupboard under the stairs, which was inches away from her feet.

As she continued towards the living room , Minerva's face turned into a frown. On the mantle, there were dozens of pictures of Dudley and his drawings in exquisite frames, but no sign of another child living in the house. There was only one bedroom that looked as if it was designed for a child, with only one bed.

As she made her way towards the door, she turned to the Dursleys and said," Where does your second child sleep?" The Dursleys were silent for a moment before Vernon spoke up. " We only have one child. Where did you get this fact that we had two?"

That was the final straw. Minerva pulled out her wand and faced it towards the couple. "I know you have a Mr. Potter in your care. Tell me where is he? TELL ME!", she shouted. She watched as the colour drain from their faces. Before they could say anything, the sound of a choked sob came from the cupboard. Her head whipped around in the direction of the sound.

"PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!" she shouted, watching their bodies turn rigid and fall. She made her to the door and tried to open it. Locked. She pointed her wand towards the door once again and shouted, " Alohomora!" as the door blasted open.

Immediately after the door opened, a gruesome stench of blood, sweat and bodily fluids overcame the aged Transfiguration teacher. The cupboard was dusty and dirty, with a spider's web in a corner. A small "mattress" with multiple springs laid in the corner. And in the furthest corner was the young saviour of the wizarding world, covered in thousands of scars, sitting in a puddle of his own piss.

__________________________

I hope you enjoyed this story. I would like it if people left comments as it encourages me to write more