Chapter 11: Chicken

Third Person P.O.V (Point Of View)

By the time Momo and Dahyun were back everyone had calmed down, their faces looked serious as they talked about food like it's the most important thing in the world. "And that's why tonkatsu is one of the best foods to ever exist" Tzuyu spoke, her eyes meet everyone else's.

"I mean.. chicken is better" Seokjin argued and Jihyo squealed.

"I know right!" she half screamed.

It really fasinated Dahyun how her friends got excited over little stuff like food. But I mean, food is truly life

"I don't like chicken" a voice spoke behind them while plates of food were finally placed on the table. Jihyo widened her eyes and searched for the person that voice belonged to.

"YAH! I-Ir.. uh" she squinted her eyes trying to read the waitress' name tag.

"Irene" the girl spoke finally placing the last plate of food, which ironically was chicken, in front of Jihy.

"Irene-ssi I think you really need to try chicken. I mean, who doesn't like it?" everyone in the table nodded.

"Uh, I think I said I don't?" Irene said, glaring at Jihyo.

"Come on just take a bite!" the younger whined waving her chopsticks around. The girls seemed to be acting like friends even if they didn't know each other, completely forgetting about formalities. Jihyo's only goal being getting Irene to try some chicken.

This might seem funny, but chicken was indeed Jihyo's first and only love at the time. So she clearly couldn't stop herself from forcing the older to at least try a bit of her food.

"Fine, If I get sick it's on you" Irene cracked a small smile and took the tiniest bite of chicken.

Jihyo anxiously waited for Irene's response whose eyes widened as soon as she tasted the food. "Damn it" the older added making Jihyo jump from her seat.

"Park Jihyo" she introduced herself "Welcome to the chicken lovers club" she jokingly said and held her hand out for Irene to sake.

"Bae Juhyun, but call me Irene" the older smiled and shook Jihyo's hand.

"It was great teaching you how to actually eat food" Jihyo laughed and Irene responded with a playful eye roll "And now that you know how tasty chicken is and that it's the best thing to ever exist on this planet, could you please call the chef over here?" Jihyo asked "I heard they've just been hired and I would love to meet them" she continued, thanking the waitress and politely bowing.

Not long after the group of friends had finished their food a short female made her way to their table, stoping right next to Jihyo's seat "Hello I'm Son Seungwan I heard you wanted to meet me?" she said eyeing everyone.

"WENDY-AH?" Dahyun screamed jumping up from her seat and running towards the older.

"Uh-uhm hi Dahyunie" the girl said, suddenly feeling embarrassed.

Everyone in the table looked between the two girls being overly confused with the whole encouter, apart from Jihyo, who was intensly staring at the chef completely ignoring the whole situation.

"Wendy and Dahyun met in Canada" Seokjin spoke, breaking the awkward silence but failing to lift up the mood since all the girl almost snapped their necks trying to examine the older.

"Chill out! She was the one to actually make me move back here. Plus, she helped me with everything" Dahyun laughed quickly hugging Wendy who was still lost.

"Ah Wendy-ssi" Jihyo spoke looking at the girl in admiration, as if she was trying to memorize all of her features "The thing is you're really bea-" she coughed "Really talented.. I think your cooking is amazing and I wanted to thank you for the delicious meal" Jihyo added and Nayeon smirked.

"And clearly she doesn't think that only your cooking is incredible" she said and everyone bursted into laughter whilst the two girls blushed slightly.

"Yah shut up!" Jihyo growled and everyone stopped laughing immediately as Wendy thanked the younger and returned to the kitchen. "Wait for me outside while I go pay" she hissed and soon after moved to the front desk of the restaurant, where she was supposed to pay the bill.

Jihyo couldn't deny that she found the chef of her parent's restaurant really attractive. Even though she was in her work uniform Jihyo still believed she was beautiful.

"How can I help you-" a voice spoke moving to the front desk. Wendy froze when seeing the figure of Dahyun's friend smilling sweetly at her.

"I kinda need to pay" Jihyo said, laughing and waving the bill in her hands.

"Sure thing" Wendy replied and moved forward.

[...]

Before Jihyo finished paying she looked up at the older "We never introduced properly. I'm Park Jihyo, nice too meet you" she said and the smile that was on Wendy's face turned into a scared expression.

"P-Park?" she chocked out and Jihyo giggled.

"Don't be scared! I don't think you will be getting fired anytime soon" the younger stated "It's a shame getting such a pretty face fired" she added making Wendy blush madly for the 100th time today. The older bowed hiding her face.

Wendy couldn't deny that she too find the younger attractive and was glad that she thought she was beautiful.

Jihyo turned to leave but abruptly stopped. She took some steps backwards and was now standing infront of the older girl again who seemed to still be blushing. "Ah Wendy-ssi I forgot" Jihyo chimed and took hold of Wendy's hand "I could really use some cooking classes" she said and wrote her number on Wendy's palm.

The short female felt her ears turn red as the younger walked slowly out of the restaurant, turning her head back one last time and playfully winking at her.

Wendy stood there dumbfounded looking down at her hand. A smile appearing on her face when seeing the little "J" and the heart Jihyo had signed next to her number on the older's palm.

"What's the matter Wan-ah?" a voice spoke behind her as Irene wrapped her arms around Wendy's waist.

"It's nothing, I'm just tired" the girl replied hiding her blushing face away from the waitress.

"Let's go home then, okay?" Irene spoke softly taking Wendy's hand in hers and walking out of the restaurant.