21

Valentina Aurora Romano

I woke up to a sharp pain throughout my head. My eyes were shut tight as I tried to lift myself from the cold floor. I opened my eyes and saw that I was chained to a metal post, by my feet might I add, in a cold and dark room. There were no windows in here, just a dim light in the corner. At least my hands were free.

Wait, where's my bracelet?

I start to panic and when I look up I see the awful man at the door way, smiling.

"Loose something, sleeping beauty?" He says as he dangles my bracelet above his head.

I pull at the restraints angrily.

"Calm down, those won't budge," says Sergei as he walks through the door with a tray of food.

He puts the plate down in front of me, handing me a plastic spoon.

"Eat up," he orders.

I look at the tray and see some sort of cold soupy mixture and a candy bar. I immediately go for the chocolate but he grabs my hand.

"After you eat the soup," he says.

"I'm not four! Now give me the chocolate." I say aggravated.

"Knock it off. And fine," he orders, letting his grip go so I can take the caramel chocolate bar.

Take that idiot!

He walks out the room and something drops on the floor. I can't tell what it is because I don't have the best of eyesight. I probably need glasses but how would I know, I've never been to a doctor's office. Not since I was ten and got a really bad case of the flu.

Anyway, the item was about ten feet (3 meters) away from me. Looking at the chains, I decide that if I reached up my arms (especially with my height) I would be able to reach if I was to lay flat on my stomach.

So that's what I do.

I inch my fingers as closely as I possibly can and pick up the metal looking thing.

It was a key!

I smile in excitement. I go back against the wall and notice that the key fits perfectly in the cuffs.

My feet were free so I decided to stand up and stretch out my limbs. My best chance of leaving this ware house is whacking mR. bIg MeaNIe upside his stupid little head.

Hopefully Lorenzo and Marina are okay. I really did not want to shoot her, hopefully she knows that. And I can't stop wanting to call Lorenzo his other name, Antonio, each time I saw him.

My thoughts were interrupted by a shuffling outside the door. Without realizing it, I grab the first thing I see,

the lamp.

And when Sergei opens the door the door I throw the lap at his head.

Not aiming to kill him but to knock him out for a few hours. I immediately put his arms in hand cuffs and walk out the room to see if anyone was here. When I heard no noises I grabbed the heavy man by his feet and dragged him through the halls.

20 minutes and a lot of sweat later, I make it to an exit. I searched Sergei for any weapon and found two guns in each of his jacket pockets and two switchblades tucked into his socks. What a cliche gang leader. This all so crazy, I feel like I'm in a movie.

Then I found a pair of car keys and my bracelet!

I put it on and noticed the little light was still flickering. How did he not notice?

Then I remember something: I've never driven a car before, never mind driving in a foreign country, but I had no choice. I lifted his heavy self in the trunk of the van. This guy needs to workout or eat less. I saw him eat five candy bars in the past three days.

I found another pair of cuffs in the trunk and put his feet together. With some tape I covered his mouth and made sure he was tightly secure.

Now the hard part,

driving.