Chapter 3: The Human Who Sold the Earth

"Excuse me..." A voice softly called behind the Peridot with the gem on her eye and square hair. She turned around to see another Peridot, standing at eye level to her, a gem on her left arm, a triangle shaped hair with a small ponytail coming out the back. Her hair was the same color as the usual Peridot, but with light pink highlights in her hair.

"5XT," The Peridot greeted as she turned back to her screen, typing away on it, "Can I help you with something?"

"Actually, that's what I was going to ask," 5XT told, "You've seemed very stressed over the past few days..."

"That's because I am," The Peridot groaned as she opened another screen, pushing her first one to the side, "I've been put in charge of an organic prisoner's medical needs and these imbecile quartz guards are not helping,"

"Organic? From which planet?" 5XT asked, "I don't remember a colony as of recent that had intelligent life."

"Earth," The Peridot told, "Ugh, and now I have to do research on their psychology... They've begun to speak to no one."

"Earth, you say?" 5XT perked up as she stepped closer, "Pink Diamond's old colony?"

"Exactly... You've done your research on it?" The Peridot asked

5XT nodded quickly as she blushed a bit, "Y-yes, I have! I find those reports very interesting!"

The Peridot hummed as she craned her neck up and continued typing, "How about humans? Have you read about those?"

5XT nodded quickly again, "Yes! They're very interesting creatures! Such complex systems of life too. They're ability of meta-cognition is certainly impressive, maybe even on par with Gems."

"Well..." The Peridot sighed as she stopped typing, "I could use your help on the psychological front."

"Sure, I'd be glad to help!" 5XT smiled as she stepped forward, "Do they have a name?"

"Yes, they do," The Peridot mumbled as she typed on her screen and pulled up a picture of the human in her care, "Meet Y/n."

"Y/n?..." 5XT whispered, her jaw dropping as she stepped forward and grabbed the screen, "You mean the Y/n? Pink Diamond's favorite human? Their Eminence? The Human who Sold the Earth?" The Peridot raised an eyebrow as she glanced over to 5XT, scanning her up and down as she excitedly dragged her finger across the screen, "Stars, it really is them! They look practically the same as they did six thousand years ago!"

"...Have you met them before?" The Peridot frowned as she watched the gem grin from ear to ear

"I wish! I've read all of Pink Diamond's reports on them!" 5XT told, "Such a beautiful creature! Why would they ever be a prisoner?"

The Peridot sighed as she turned back to her screen, "Well... Apparently for quite a few reasons... They were charged with a few crimes... Only one stuck it seems,"

"Stars... How long have they been locked up?" 5XT asked

"A little over a month," The Peridot told, "I'm beginning to worry... They've stopped eating the fruit we give them. That was their favorite."

"Perhaps I can perform a wellness check for you," 5XT offered, "I'd be honored to do so!"

"I suppose," The Peridot sighed, "Please... Don't be rude to them. They're already being bullied by those quartz..."

"I would never even think of being rude to Their Eminence!" 5XT said, pointing her limb enhancer towards her chest in defense.

"I'm sure," The Peridot laughed as she tapped on her screen, "Report to room 4 in the east wing. Do you need a map?"