Chapter 2:The difference between heaven and earth was just like that.

Gu Hong Jian had ample resentment towards him. At this point, she wanted to stay at Wen Dao Tang, but when Lin Si Ze went on a walk for a while, she was immediately dragged outside by their bond as well. Forced against her will, she followed Lin Si Ze. Lin Si Ze sat in a huge chariot, and she floated beside him like a kite.

  He Fang Ning had already heard the cries of "the emperor's chariot approaches." Thus, she had already completely attired herself in light white muslin and was kneeling outsideZi Yun Palace to wait respectfully for the holy chariot. Seeing Lin Si Ze arrive, she humbly lifted her eyes before then greeting softly, "Your majesty." Frankly speaking, it made one softhearted.

  And Gu Hong Jian watched attentively with a sneer on her face.

  He Fang Ning... her face didn't seem to extremely resemble a certain person.... humph!

  Lin Si Ze appeared and slightly frowned. Advancing to help her stand up, he said, "The weather is so cold, why are you wearing so little?"

  Although his facial expression was still apathetic, his voice still sounded somewhat concerned.

  "Because chén qiè1 remembered that your majesty loves it the most when chén qièwears white clothes. So chén qiè was anxiously waiting upon your majesty'sreturn...cough..." While He Fang Ning spoke, she gave a few faint coughs. Lin Si Ze then simply pulled her hand and lead her directly inside Zi Yun Palace.

  He Fang Ning glanced at Lin Si Ze as he pulled her hand and revealed a shy expression. The deathly white face that was a result of the cold also flushed red.

  Gu Hong Jian simply sneered.

  It was now just entering autumn which was indeed not regarded warm, but the palace interior's high walls stood tall. With such little wind, where could the chill go?

  When she was in Hu prefecture, even though it was July-August, it was still a world of ice and snow and very arid. The chilly wind, like countless barbs, sc.r.a.ped against them and made people's cold skin painfully raw. The first day Gu Hong Jian arrived in Hu prefecture, she woke up at midnight to find her face b.l.o.o.d.y. It wasn't because of him; it was bleeding because her lip was excessively chapped.

  The next day, she caught a common cold. Since many of the officers and soldiers didn't particularly welcome her at first, she didn't dare to speak of her cold. Instead, she firmly carried on, ignoring the burden, and acted as if nothing was troubling her in order to demonstrate her tenacity to those officers and soldiers. When everyone was s.h.i.+vering from the cold, she even intentionally wore thin clothes to practice in this world of ice and snow. Although she won a lot of respectful looks, she also caused the cold to become even more severe, almost developing into tuberculosis.

  In short, she endured all sorts of suffering. As a child, Gu Hong Jian hadn't been taken care of well, so she wasn't afraid of suffering hards.h.i.+ps. She was only afraid of death. After dying, everything would truly be over.

  Even though she wasn't afraid of suffering hards.h.i.+ps, it didn't mean that she was accustomed to suffering. Furthermore, it didn't mean she wished to suffer on her own; she wanted someone to come and pamper her when she was suffering.

  Unfortunately, however, she had died in a region like the Hu prefecture, without Lin Si Ze knowing anything about it. But inside this high-walled, warm Palace, he was concerned about He Fang Ning who hadn't even caught a cold.

  The difference between heaven and earth was just like that.

  In fact, it wasn't that Lin Si Ze hadn't treated her well. He had treated her well; there were simply no words for just how well he had treated her back when he cared for her. But that was already an awfully long time ago, a previous matter that Gu Hong Jian had already long forgotten about...