Chapter 7:As a flower is to beauty, so is she.

Although it seemed like Gu Hong Jian recalled these memories for a long time, it was actually only the blink of an eye. He Fang Ning exclaimed with surprise, "How could your Imperial Majesty never have loved Gu dà ren..."

  Lin Si Ze did not take offense; instead, he asked with intrigue, "Why do you think I love her?"

  He Fang Ning reasoned, "Your Imperial Majesty and her have been acquainted since childhood. That's roughly 18 years..."

  Lin Si Ze paused unwittingly.

  Afterwards, the corner of his mouth quirked up, like a smile but not. He said, "Zhèn has not taken note of it, yet it has unexpectedly been 18 years."

  Gu Hong Jian thought to herself, If the first time I met Lin Si Ze was taken into account, it would be no less than 20 years!

  He Fang Ning was stunned. She probably hadn't expected that she would remind Lin Si Ze of his 'profound friends.h.i.+p' with Gu Hong Jian. She then said, "Eh... yes! Not only that, chén qiè arrived later, but that year when chén qiè arrived, chén qiè had also heard about it. Gu dà ren has always been by your majesty's side, clearing away all hindrances. How can your Imperial Majesty not love a.s.sistant Minister Gu?"

  Lin Si Ze countered, "Now I also have Scholar Zhao and General Sun; could it be that I should also love them?"

  He Fang Ning was stupefied. "...Your Imperial Majesty jokes."

  Gu Hong Jian couldn't help but laugh heartily, thinking to herself that it was unexpected that Lin Si Ze could still crack this type of joke. If that honest Scholar Zhao and cra.s.s General Sun heard it, they would quite possibly be scared out of their own skins.

  Lin Si Ze said, "Zhèn appreciates and also needs a person who can be obedient. Although a.s.sistant Minister Gu is a woman, she is this person."

  His opinion was very clear——she, Gu Hong Jian, was not inferior when compared to Scholar Zhao and General Sun. She was merely born a woman, nothing more to it.

  The corners of He Fang Ning's lips quirked up before falling. She said, "But a.s.sistant Minister Gu has lived in the chambers of imperial concubines for three years. Your Imperial Majesty specifically bestowed her the 'Zhao Hong' palace1 ..."

  Lin Si Ze raised his eyebrow. "You don't like Zi Yun Palace? From now on, the name will be changed. It will henceforth be called 'Zi Ning Palace.'"2

  He Fang Ning was clearly esctatic, but she still kowtowed and said, "Many thanks, your Imperial Majesty..."

  "Is there still more you wish to speak of?" Lin Si Ze continued, "Do you still think zhèn loves a.s.sistant Minister Gu?"

  "No...that's not the case..." He Fang Ning clearly also knew Lin Si Ze's implications and said, "Between your Imperial Majesty and a.s.sistant Minister Gu, chén qiè doesn't

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

believe such..."

  Lin Si Ze suddenly seemed impatient and proclaimed, "Enough, withdraw."

  He Fang Ning tactfully complied. Not daring to speak after the order, she withdrew. The only remaining occupants of Wen Dao Tang were Lin Si Ze and Gu Hong Jian; a human and a ghost.

  When Gu Hong Jian listened to all of Lin Si Ze's words just now, she also didn't feel pained at all. She only continued floating in place, her heart exceedingly tranquil.

  The matter of him loving her or not, Gu Hong Jian understood long ago. She had already grasped this already, and hearing him enunciate it so clearly, it only gave her an 'as expected' type of feeling.