Chapter 22:The news of her death arrived

Gu Hongjian didn't immediately follow to leave, but rather, she stayed within the great court for a while, but it was exactly because of this little while, that she found out that although the entire court was in chaos, but Zhao Yun Yuan didn't have any reaction at all.

It was as though his whole body had received some gigantic shock, he was frozen in place, not moving at all.

Gu Hongjian suspiciously floated by him, but found him blankly blinking; the rims of his eyes were a bit red.

Gu Hongjian: "......"

She truly totally would not have thought, that her own death, could let official Zhao, this stubborn guy to actually shed tears.

But, although Zhao Yun Yuan is a good man, but based on his behavior of criticizing herself over ever little matter, he was indeed somewhat unsatisfied with her.

Although other than participating in the imperial court, the two still had some interaction; of course, most of the time it was because Gu Hongjian had done something bad, and was being criticized by Zhao Yun Yuan, and the time afterwards when she got off scott free.

Every time Gu Hongjian encountered this situation, she would especially like to go and find Zhao Yun Yuan, gleefully gloat him with, "Official Zhao has worked hard," as though she was purposefully trying to taunt him.

However, Zhao Yun Yuan was never moved by these display, only saying a single phrase: "Official Gu has worked even harder." and then promptly ignoring her.

Later, when Gu Hongjian moved to Zhao Hong palace, when her affair with Lin Size was pretty much known by everyone, but at the time, Gu Hongjian and Lin Size both didn't particularly care, who would have thought, that Zhao Yun Yuan, this stubborn and upright guy, would be the one to outright talk about the issue, and further blame it for being a bad influence, and in the future, when the history books are written, probably Lin Size would have to bear a sinful reputation for "playing with/making a mockery of his officials".

This statement was a bit severe, but Lin Size disinterestedly brushed it aside, and Gu Hongjian only smiled a bit without commenting more.

After court, Gu Hongjian as usual, went to annoy Zhao Yun Yuan, but this time Zhao Yun yuan actually didn't respond to her with the usual "Official Gu has worked hard," but rather with a serious tone responded, "Although you are a woman, but you have a whole depth of talent. Why did you ultimately still become this type of person."

Gu Hongjian was stunned, only after thinking it over for a while did she respond: "Everyone is their own way. You see that the emperor has become attracted to me, and is so nice to me, I've risen through the ranks and grown wealthy, and perhaps in the future I might even be able to enter the imperial harem and become a consort. Why should I reject this?"

"You... You.... Whatever!" Zhao Yun Yuan shut his lips, so angry that his whole face had grown red, and he flung his robes to leave.

After that, Zhao Yuan Yuan didn't say anything to Gu Hongjian, probably because he knew that Lin Size would protect Gu Hongjian, so even his frequency for criticizing her had slowly dropped; Gu Hongjian would occasionally look to taunt him for fun, but he would just detachedly spare her a glance, and then turn to leave without sparing a second one; it all rather made Gu Hongjian rather stifled with boredom.

However, during the fifth year of Ping Chang, the relations.h.i.+p between the two actually recovered somewhat.

That day was the eighteenth of the ninth month, Lin Size as usual went to the Zuo estate.

As to his annual temple offering to Zuo Ning Yan, Gu Hongjian had always been clear about it, after all, Lin Size had never hidden any of it.

And what could Gu Hongjian say, him giving homage to that idealized moonlight in his heart, she could only accept.