Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I woke up to the feeling that my head is being crack in half.

With a heavy groan, I flutter my eyes open. Unang bumungad sa akin ang kulay puti and pulang kisame sa taas. The geometrical shapes in two opposite colors gave me the impression of a contemporary-designed room.

I got up in bed, still dizzy. The urge to puke is getting more intense and so I covered my mouth, before I scanned the surroundings.

This is indeed a contemporary-styled room. With a lift-top coffee table pushed against the white wall, a king-sized bed with white and red sheets, and the neon sign I saw last night... horror crept into me when I realized that I am not in my room.

Kumakabog ang dibdib kong iginalaw ang isang binti nang may maramdamang may mabigat na bagay na nakadantay dito. I froze when I heard some hissing sounds.

Bumagsak ang tingin ko sa nakalatag kong dress sa buong kama, at sa kulay itim na anino na mabagal ulit na gumalaw.

"Holy shit..." I said breathlessly.

A perilous snake crawled on my dress, watching me like a prey. Its fork-like tongue ran over its lower lips as it hissed again, moving closer toward me in a precise and well-calculated move.

Halos maputol na ang hininga ko nang maramdaman ang bigat nito at marahang paggalaw patungo sa akin.

"Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit..." I muttered inside of my head. Na-estatwa na ako at hindi nakagalaw. The only thing that I could hear right now is the fast beating of my heart and the blood pumping in my ears.

It's so ironic of me to be afraid of a goddamn snake when I had the audacity to slash my wrist when I was 14.

Nakipaglaro ako kay Kamatayan noon, kaya bakit pa ako matatakot ngayon?

I watched its matte black skin moved as its body continued crawling and all the while hissing at the same time. I could already imagine my stupid self being bitten by a snake and dying of its deadly venom.

Huh. At least I wouldn't go to hell if I die because of this snake.

Nang tuluyan na itong lumapit sa akin ay napasigaw na ako at nagtatalon sa kaniyang kama. The snake crawled back quickly, as I jumped on the bed and gathered my dress to run outside but tripped miserably when the door suddenly swung open.

"Stormie?"

Philodemus' topless body greeted me. Hawak nito ang isang puting tuwalya at mukhang pinapatuyo niya ang kaniyang basang buhok.

I helped myself up and with trembling fingers, pointed to the bed.

"There's a s-snake..." I stammered. Takot na takot pa rin ako hanggang ngayon.

He let out a curse under his breath before he dropped his towel on the chair and quickly went to the bed. I watched in horror as he picked up the snake. It hissed and was quick to wrap its body around his bulky arms.

Napa-awang ang bibig kong nakatingin sa kaniya.

Philodemus, without a shirt, with water dripping down his hair, and with a snake on his hand is like a GQ model who stepped out from the magazine.

Kulang nalang ay umupo ito sa kaniyang kama at mag-pose. But he still looked dangerously hot when he's just standing there, holding the snake.

"Is that yours...?" nag-aalangan kong tanong sa kaniya.

He nodded his head, and then walked towards the corner of the room. I watched him placed the snake gently on a huge transparent glass before shutting the lid. My gaze fell on his jeans, hugging his buttocks tightly and hanging on his hips for its dear life. Pumula ang pisngi ko nang makita ang kulay itim nitong boxers na nakasilip sa akin.