XIV - Feallan

XIV - Feallan

Feallan
/ˈfæɑ̯l.lɑn/
verb
to fall, fall down; fallen

🍁

She was so screwed.

"I said, who the fuck are you?" Noah repeated. His grip on Jess' waist was bruising.

"Noah calm down." Hearing his name from her did little to calm his demeanor. It was like he wasn't listening to her at all.

"Who are you?" Nathan asked back, his gaze settling on his arm wrapped firmly around Jess' waist. Her face contorted into pain. "Let her go, you're hurting her." That made Noah snap out of his rage.

He looked at her and loosened his grip. "I'm sorry love, did I hurt you?" His tone was gentle unlike before.

"I'm fine Noah. He's my best friend, Nathan. Nathan meet Noah." She hurriedly explained before fists and profanities fly. He looked at Nathan. They were almost the same build. Blond locks with electric blue eyes. She didn't mention having a bestfriend before. He thought she only have Via for a friend, but he didn't dare say it out loud afraid it would offend her or something.

He observed Noah. Silver white hair with grey eyes. Why is he with Jessica? What exactly is their relationship? He can't help but feel curious.

"I'm her boyfriend." Noah emphasized. Tone hard, making no room for any argument. Jess looked at him baffled. He was her boyfriend? Well true they did have mutual feelings for each other but they were not clear about their label. Boyfriend. If that's what Noah sees himself to be then it's only right to call herself his girlfriend, right?

"Boyfriend? As in a guy friend?" Nathan was utterly perplexed.

"Does a guy friend kisses his female friend?" Jessica blushed. They haven't kissed. Yet. She elbowed Noah but he paid no heed to it.

The look on Nathan's face is the look one would have after being betrayed. But could he blame her? He left, it was only right for her to have someone. But it's not right if it's a guy. His jaw clenched, it didn't go unnoticed by Noah.

The two didn't bother to hide the animosity between them. Even she noticed that. There was almost like an electric buzz coming from both of their eyes. They were staring each other down, sizing each other up.

When she looked around them, she noticed there were few girls watching them. Some looked at them in confusion, others looked afraid while the majority looked like they were going to piss their pants or in their case, skirts. Literally. "Uhm, why don't we go elsewhere now?" She interrupted their stare off contest. Eventually, the guys snap out of it and noticed that there were indeed students now.

Noah took her hand and walked away, her in tow. She looked back to see Nathan with hardened eyes but the moment he saw her he forced himself to smile.

He looked at her back longingly, moving farther and farther away from him. He gripped the bubble tea in his hand. It was ridiculous he was still holding it. The liquid flowed out, wasting the drink. Much like his chance. Wasted.

They didn't talk, just complete silence surrounding them while they were walking to who knows where. She didn't even notice they were outside the school. They stopped.

Silence.

More silence.

Then he faced her with a sigh.

"You didn't mention him before." She can't read his expression. He remained stoic, looking at her.

"He left. He just got back today." Was her short explanation.