Three.

He can't take in anything during class. All he's thinking about is Baekhyun and where he is and how he is and who he's with.

It's no surprise who he's with. Chanyeol just doesn't know why.

Chanyeol's been asking 'why' lately. Why Baekhyun couldn't stay. Why Baekhyun wouldn't talk to him. Why Baekhyun left their room. Why Baekhyun couldn't love him back.

But every time it happens, he knows it better than anything else, and probably better than anyone else.

Joo Sung.

Baekhyun loves Joo Sung so much he'd do anything. Such love can be unhealthy, but if Joo Sung takes care of him well, then it would be a good thing, probably the best thing.

"Park Chanyeol?" His lecturer calls. Chanyeol breaks out of his trance to glance at his lecturer. "What should you do when a child has a toothache but would not come and see you?"

"Love." Chanyeol whispers.

"What was that?"

"You give him love." Chanyeol says softly. "You gotta love him so hard he knows he'll always be safe in your hands. You gotta love him, because even though he doesn't love you back, and probably never will, that's what he needs so that's what you'll give him. Even if you fall too hard afterwards, even if he threatens to find someone else, you gotta love him so he'll learn to trust."

There is silence.

No one knows what the hell Park Chanyeol is talking about.

"Are you okay?" Someone mutters.

"This boy has watched too many dramas." The lecturer announces. "Someone, take him to the nurse."

Once, Chanyeol sees Baekhyun walking through the hallways, most probably to his next class. He rushes towards his roommate, wanting to talk to him, to apologise, to do anything to get Baekhyun to talk to him again. He pushes past people to get to him, nearly trips over in the process, but he doesn't give up. He reaches out and grabs Baekhyun's arm.

"Baek –" He starts, but Baekhyun wrenches his arm away from him.

"Don't touch me." He mutters.

"Baek, please –" Chanyeol just wants to talk to him. Whether as lovers or as friends or as ex-lovers or as enemies, he just wants to talk to Baekhyun.

But Baekhyun has disappeared among the crowd, leaving him alone. Like he's adamant on pushing Chanyeol out of his life.

"Roommate? Where did Baek go?" Chen calls him, the very first topic has to be, of course, about Baekhyun. "I called him to tell him I wanted to pick up something from his bag, but he told me he moved out."

"Did something happen between you?"

"He ..." Talking about Baekhyun hurts. "He said a new friend came from far away, and he's staying with him for the time being."

"So ... nothing happened?"

"Of course not." Everything happened. Chanyeol doesn't want to worry anyone. He's sure Baekhyun doesn't want that either. "He's just meeting an old friend."