|Fourty- Seven|

Sorry for the late update but I am a little preoccupied these days so the updates won't be frequent but don't worry, I will try to squeeze in an update at least once or twice a week.

Thank you for your patience and devotion towards this story.

*

"No." His response was clipped, short and left no room for argument but that didn't stop me, I won't give up when I know what I was doing was not for my own welfare and safety but also his.

"But why?!" I had refrained myself from stomping my foot. His stubbornness wasn't justified at all.

"I don't want you getting hurt." He went back to the papers in his hands, avoiding my presence altogether, as if I was a ghost.

His nonchalant attitude infuriated me. Stalking towards him, I stood beside his chair. "I won't get hurt." I tried to assure him but him and I both know it was a lie, there was no guarantee I wouldn't get hurt.

Xerxes continued reading the paper in his hand, not giving me any heed. My brows narrowed a little at his ignorance. "Don't ignore me, I don't like it." I grumbled, I couldn't hide the hurt from my voice. I hate when he ignores me, in fact I hate when I am ignored.

This made him snap his head up at me, when he saw the frown on my face, he sighed letting on exasperated breath before placing the papers back on the table. His free hand grasped my wrist and pulled me towards his lap, making me straddle him.

I flushed a little at our intimate position. My mind instantly drifting to the night, a week before, his head between my legs as he pleasured me. The image still vivid and the emotions I felt that day still raw and unexplainable.

My eyes snapped on Xerxes when I felt his warm knuckles run over my cheek, softly and gently. My eyed drifted close and I leaned into his touch. So this is the mate's comfort.

"It was not my intention to sadden you." He whispered lowly, his tone soft. "But I still am not allowing you to fight." He wasn't budging.

Unable to contain my anger and irritation at his stubborn attitude, I swatted his hand away from my face and scowled at him. "I am not going to fight." I clarified, clearly noticing a scowl of his own not because of my words but because of my actions- when I swat his hand away. "I am learning to defend myself. I don't want to be completely useless and also, I stay here whole day, I need to do something." I tried to reason with him, letting him know what were my intentions behind learning to fight.

With my parents gone, back to their pack, I had no one to spend time with. Lisa, my only friend was no longer with me. Armenes, the only brother of Xerxes I talked to and was actually comfortable around still didn't return from the Gordon.

Xerxes hands gripped my hips lightly, his eyes staring at me deeply. "You're not useless." He frowned a little. "And I don't want you getting hurt, trainings can be extreme. You have never received any training so there's no guarantee you won't get hurt."

I wanted to scream in frustration, he wasn't trying to see my point at all but was stuck on what he wanted to believe. "I have to start someday and I can learn with Helen, she will be a great teacher." I tried again, giving him the best smile I could, trying to coax him into giving in. "Please, Xerxes."

His hand went behind the back of my neck and pulled my face forward, for a kiss. Midway, before our lips could meet, I asked, "Is that a yes?" I couldn't keep the happiness from my voice but instead of responding me, his lips met mine, and started to move, slowly and gently. My eyes fluttered close enjoying the kiss.