Chapter 4: I am back

As soon as the carriage arrives at the front gate of the Prime Minister's residence, Chunhua immediately jumps off to the ground and walk as fast as she could to the carriage's door.

"General... Elde... Furen... We have arrived."

Sounds of running footsteps can be heard before a cheerful voice can be heard saying, "Older brother! Older sister is here. Hua Hua is here as well! Hua Hua, did you bring any biscuits for this young master?"

Another voice then says, "Little brother..."

The door of the carriage then opened from the inside, General Hai Bojing is the first one to come out from the carriage before he holds onto Jia Huian's slim waist and put her down gently on the ground.

Jia Ying watches the newlywed as he smiles with approval. Seems like his younger half-sister is being pampered by the infamous General Hai Bojing.

"Bojing greets first brother-in-law and second brother-in-law."

General Hai Bojing bows towards Jia Ying to show his respect before he gently pats on the head of Jia Ping.

Jia Ying smiles back at the general and says, "Brother-in-law, it is nice meeting you. Please come in. Ping'er stops harassing Chunhua, she obviously has her hands full with goodies for you."

General Hai Bojing smiles as he looks at the adorable looking young boy who is holding onto Chunhua's sleeve as he smiles widely. His wife's siblings are indeed exceptionally good looking just like her.

He grasps onto her hand and says, "Huian, let us go to greet your parents."

"En..."

She smiles at him and follows his lead. When they arrive at the waiting hall, Prime Minister Jia Peizhi is sitting on the same bench next to his main wife, First Madam Qiao Mingxia while his concubine, Second Madam Ye Luli is sitting on a chair just next to the Prime Minister. Jia Ying immediately sits on a chair just next to his mother while Jia Ping immediately runs towards his mother so that he can sit on her lap.

 Jia Ying immediately sits on a chair just next to his mother while Jia Ping immediately runs towards his mother so that he can sit on her lap

Prime Minister Jia Peizhi

The newlywed stands in front of the whole family members with the General respectfully bow towards his in-laws while Jia Huian gracefully curtsy.

"Bojing greets father-in-law, mother-in-law, second mother-in-law, older brother-in-law and second brother-in-law."

"Huian greets father, mother, second mother, older brother and younger brother."

Prime Minister Jia Peizhi is obviously happy to see his only daughter but, obviously, not that too happy to see his new son-in-law. It is widely known that both men always clash with one another whenever both are attending the morning assembly. Thankfully, General Hai Bojing is mostly in the western region so the bickering between them is considered to be at bay whenever the younger man is not in the imperial city.