Micah Bell: Lessons in Love

Micah Bell X Female Reader

Word Count: 2200

You knew that a few people in camp couldn't read and that wasn't anything that really surprised you and you would never judge them for not being able to read, you knew that they all could learn if they wanted to. You also new that Micah couldn't read, actually a few people knew that he couldn't read but never mentioned it since he would just get angry. You didn't care at first, didn't think it was any interesting information, the others in camp who couldn't read were either learning or simply didn't care. You assumed that Micah simply didn't care that he couldn't read and wasn't interested in learning. The truth was that nobody had offered to teach him, for obvious reasons, and he was too embarrassed and prideful to ask for help.

You hadn't thought anything of it, you had never really spoken to Micah before so you didn't care whether he could read or not. 

One morning you were just cleaning up around camp and when you were passing Micah's tent you saw something that broke your heart just a little bit. Micah was sitting on his cot, a letter in his hands and looking down at it like he was reading it. You flinched slightly when he screamed in frustration, not loud enough for anyone else to hear it though, and crumpled the paper and throwing it to the floor. 

"Mr Bell?" you asked, moving to stand in the entrance of his tent.

"What the fuck do you want?" Micah asked, turning to face him. You didn't react to his hostile attitude because you understood that he was irritated about something else. 

"I-I don't mean to pry or anything...I just, and please don't be offended...would you like me to help you?" you asked. You knew that Micah had a temper, that's one of the reasons that you tended to avoid him but everyone always said that you could be too nice for your own good. 

"Help me with what?" he asked, looking at you like you had just said the most stupid thing ever. 

"With...would you like me to teach you how to read?" you asked again, not even able to look him in the eyes.

"What? You think I'm stupid or something because I can't fucking read? I don't need your pity" he snapped, raising his voice and making you flinch again.

"No, I don't think that at all and I don't pity you...I just...I saw you and you looked frustrated, it alright...I mean, a few people here can't read. I didn't mean any offence Mr Bell...I just wanted to help...I-I'm sorry" you shook your head, looking at him as you apologised. You felt embarrassed and just wanted to get out of there. You apologised again as you turned around and began to walk out of the tent.

"Ah, look...alright. But you don't tell anyone, got it?" Micah huffed. It annoyed him to accept your help but you were always quiet around camp, you would keep it to yourself. He had seen you around camp, he had avoided you though. He avoided you because he knew that you didn't deserve his bullshit, you were just too nice and so god damn quiet, he wasn't going to harass you. 

"Got it" you smiled as you turned back to him. 

"Now...fuck off or something. I will come and find you when I want you" Micah sighed, waving his hand to dismiss you. You just smiled at him and nodded before leaving the tent, wandering towards the camp fire. 

-----

Micah had gone to find you the next day, practically pulled you out of your chair and pushed you towards his tent. He wasn't going to let you give him lessons out where everyone could see. You knew that he would end the lessons as soon as you did something to upset or anger him so you were careful.