4.2

Things with Ashton didn't go back to normal straight away.

We didn't even agree to officially get back together, and I was mostly fine with that. Ashton was fine with it too, because he knew that after all that we'd been through things wouldn't be able to be exactly the same as they were before for a while. We were taking things slow, and trying to make sure that we did everything right this time.

It had been two weeks since Ashton and I finally confessed everything to each other and talked things out, and since then things had gotten so much better between us and all of our friends.

Luke was happy, of course, because he'd been rooting for Ashton and I from the start and was glad to see that we had finally decided to work things out. I didn't get annoyed with him anymore because he wasn't trying to set Ashton and I up on any more dates and Luke didn't get annoyed with me for being so bitchy all the time.

Michael was also happy (at least that's what he said), and he was slowly beginning to open up to Ashton more and talk to him about his feelings. He was still planning on leaving towards the end of the school year, and Ashton and I both agreed that him doing that would be the right thing. Michael had a hard time admitting it, but he really did need help, and him going away to try and get that help was what was best for him.

Even Brooke was happy that Ashton and I made up; that's what she told me when I called her, anyway. I think she's mostly just glad that Luke won't be asking her to go on any more "friend dates" with Ashton and I. I really did miss Brooke, and I hoped that once all of this baby drama was over things could return to normal with us as well.

And of course Calum was happy, too, because Calum is just always happy. Honestly, I wasn't even sure if he knew about half of the things that went on over the last couple months, he seemed extremely occupied with his girlfriend, which wasn't a bad thing at all, it just caused him to be a little blind to what was going on around him.

I was at my locker before lunch, grabbing my books for my afternoon classes, when I felt a pair of arms wrap around my from behind. "Hi," Ashton whispered, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Hi." I said quietly, trying to wiggle out of Ashton's grasp.

"How are you?" He asked, even though he literally saw me a few hours before.

"I'm fine." I laughed, still struggling to get away from Ashton so I could finish getting things out of my locker.

"Have you had a good day so far?" Ashton asked. He finally let go, allowing me to grab the remaining books from my locker and slam the door shut.

"Yeah, I guess." I chuckled, "I saw you a few hours ago."

"I know." Ashton shrugged. He hesitantly took my hand in his, lacing out fingers together. We hadn't done anything more than hug or hold hands in the past two weeks, and while I was happy that we were taking things slow, I sometimes missed the way Ashton and I used to be so comfortable around each other.

"How has your day been?" I asked him in return.

"Alright." Ashton said, shrugging again. "I got in trouble in gym again."

"For what?" I tried not to laugh, already knowing the answer to my question.

"Smoking."

"Of course." I said, finally letting out a short laugh.

"It's not my fault!" Ashton laughed, swinging our hands back and forth as we walked down the hall.

"Technically it is..." I said, biting down on my bottom lip.