Chapter 18

Jungkook slowly walked inside the meeting room. Today Taehyung and he would show their song to the rest of the group. They hadn't changed much about it ever since Taehyung had played it for Jungkook a few days back. They changed some notes and some things about their story but overall it was still the song Taehyung had made. Something Jungkook was still highly impressed about.

"Taehyung and Jungkook, are you two ready to go next?" Jin's voice sounded through the room and before Jungkook knew it Taehyung had already bounced out of his seat towards the piano. With a soft shake of his head Jungkook stood up from his chair and made his way over towards Taehyung.

"I'm assuming Taehyung's gonna play and Jungkook's gonna speak?" Jin asked softly, a small smile on his face. Both of the boys gave Jin a short nod and not much later Taehyung had started to play while Jungkook took a deep breath and began his speech.

"Once upon a time there was a small little boy who walked through their neighbourhood. There was no light and no sound in the world, only darkness and complete silence. The boy was alone without any family or friends, his life lacking colour and happiness."

Taehyung played slow and dark, while Jungkook spoke low and slowly. They had practiced their story multiple times and both knew exactly when they needed to change something. Even though it was a story Taehyung had made up Jungkook liked it a lot, it had a lot of hidden meaning and the ravenette even could project his own feeling in it. With a deep breath Jungkook continued their story.

"But that all changed when the boy met another small little boy, a boy who knew how to change his life for the better."

Suddenly Taehyung's piano play turned from sad and slow to happy and fast, his face showing nothing but complete concentration. Jungkook shortly turned around a little, smiling a little at the blonde before he continued his story.

"Together the two boys started to roam the world. Both of them without any family but no longer without any friends. Laughs emerged from their throats and with every sound of happiness a little bit of colour returned to the world. Colours who slowly started to mix with the pleasant sounds of their voices and laughs. Light turned on in their neighbourhood and more people walked outside, all of them in awe about the two little boys in the middle of their street. Two careless and happy little boys who coloured their own world with happy sounds and friendship 'cause sometimes the only thing you need is a good friend."

Jungkook's voice turned softer with every word he said and so did Taehyung's piano play. Two more notes...one more note......silence.

Jungkook let a soft breath go before he turned to Taehyung, both of them had huge smiles on their faces and not a minute later applause sounded through the room. "Your skills on the piano were great as always Taehyung and your storytelling was also amazing Jungkook. Great job the two of you!" Jin spoke while he clapped loudly.

The boys gave each other one last smile before they both walked back to their seats. Jungkook in a slow pace and Taehyung bouncing like always. The blonde was a little in front of the ravenette and he saw how Taehyung took his seat while earning a pat on his shoulder from Yugyeom, the two immediately in conversation about Taehyung's piano play.

While Jungkook enjoyed the fact that Yugyeom took Taehyung away from him for a few minutes he also couldn't help but feel some sort of sadness overcome him. Sure Taehyung had done 90% of their work but he would have loved to hear something about his storytelling too. The moment their song was over Taehyung had done nothing more than smile at him before he bounced towards Yugyeom, completely ignoring Jungkook. The ravenette knew Taehyung and him were anything but friends but a small 'we did great' would have been nice for a change.

What Jungkook failed to notice though was that Jin had also noticed both Taehyung and Jungkook's reactions. He had expected Taehyung's reaction, the boy almost always went to Yugyeom after he finished something to evaluate their tasks. What he didn't expect though was the almost sad look on Jungkook's face while he looked at Yugyeom and Taehyung.

Jin slowly raised his eyebrow before he decided to give the patients all a short break before they would continue with the next duo. "10 minute break everyone. Jungkook, do you have a moment?"

Jungkook's eyes darted over towards Jin, the elder motioning to the door to give the both of them some privacy. Not knowing why Jin wanted to speak with him Jungkook followed after the elder through the door before Jin closed it behind him. "Everything okay?"

Jungkook's eyebrows shot up a little while a questioning look began to form on his face. "Uuuuuh yeah.....why?"

Jin leaned a little against the wall before he gave Jungkook a pointed look. If the younger wanted to get help he needed at least to open up to the psychiatrist. "You seemed a little sad after you finished your thing with Taehyung."

The ravenette completely raised his eyebrows while his eyes got as big as saucers. "I...no I didn't. Why the fuck would I be sad?!"

The elder instantly pushed himself away from the wall while he gave Jungkook a pointed look. Did the younger still not understand that he was here to talk about his feelings. If he kept them away from Jin everytime he showed somewhat of emotion the elder would never be able to help the ravenette. He understood that it was difficult for Jungkook to open up but if he wanted to change that was the first thing the younger one needed to do. "Don't swear at me Jungkook and don't use that tone either. I'm only here to help you. I noticed something and I'm giving you a chance to talk to me about it, I can't help you if you close yourself off all the time."

Jungkook's eyes darted over Jin's face. He knew the elder was right but that didn't mean that the ravenette was ready to do as Jin had told him. He couldn't speak about his feelings and even if he could he didn't know if he wanted too. He didn't want to seem weak and by telling Jin how he felt just a few minutes ago that was exactly what he would look like. A weak as fool who wanted a little praise and attention from his song partner who had ignored him the minute they finished their song.

"Look, listen. I think I know why you were upset but you have to believe me if I say Taehyung didn't ignore you on purpose. He always does this. Whenever he finishes something he goes over to Yugyeom and they talk about it. I'm sure he's willing to let you join if you ask him." Jin smiled softly while he walked over to Jungkook and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Jungkook instantly stepped back a little to get away from Jin's touch. It wasn't Jin's touch he stepped away from though but rather his words. The fact that Jin could read the younger so easily scared him to the bone. He didn't want to share his feelings with anybody, not even Jin. "I'm fine and I'm not sad about that. Taehyung can do whatever he wants. He's not my friend, you know."

Jungkook turned around and walked back inside the room without giving Jin another look. Without any hesitation the ravenette walked back to his chair, sat down and grabbed his phone. Only problem was that the moment he grabbed the device it immediately got ripped away from his hands by somebody behind him.

The ravenette turned around in an instant, coming face to face with Jin again. "No phones when you're in the room, you aren't an exception to that Jungkook. You can get it back whenever this session is finished."

Immediately a deep scowl formed on Jungkook's face and he sloughed down on his chair while folding his arms.

This day was already going fucking great......oh the sarcasm.

____

A/N

Question of the chapter:
Do you have a favourite childhood story?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.