IM Right

supppp.

so, like, i counted how many people like top harry vs. top louis (using the first and second time i asked) and like.. harry won by about 4 or 5 people (at the time i'm typing this at least). the reason i asked was to see if there was a large difference of opinion regarding that but it's so close to being even that i'm just going to have to decide for myself. there won't be any intimacy between the two of them for a while but i'd like to start planning the plot more now and, yeah. i'm going to alternate between top louis/harry but.. for those of you who are only comfortable reading one end and can't do the other, i'm sorry, but it is what it is. (wink)

i decided to try to get colette out of the story faster than i had originally intended just so i can fit more actual LARRYNESS into this book so soz if it feels rushedddd

lalalala.

 _________________

Louis is out of the room, finally, and sipping ice water idly in the hallway. He's got the cup cradled in his hands, small enough to fit in a single palm since it had been from the water machine outside the room he fled from. 

And Harry is sitting next to him.

Neither one of them has spoken a word. It's a comfortable silence, two grown men sipping their waters; both facing the same problems with such different circumstances. Louis tips his head back and downs what's remaining of his water and crumples the small paper cup in his hands. He holds it for a moment before lightly aiming at the garbage can with it and watching as it bounces off the side and lands behind the thing.

"You gonna go pick that up?" Harry asks. Louis smiles sadly.

"No," Louis sighs. "You see, I have a philosophy about situations like these."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. If that cup really didn't want to go into the garbage can, why would I force it into the thing? It's probably perfectly content lying there, I don't want to ruin its happiness."

"I don't think the cup has emotions, Louis," Harry says, but he repeats Louis' actions and of course makes it into the can with his own crumpled up cup. 

"You've been wrong in the past," Louis tries to say it lightly and casually, but it comes out shaky and Louis stares hard at his feet. His knees are brought to his chest, chin on knees as he plays with the peeling wallpaper behind him. Harry scoots a little closer. 

"Louis, be honest," Harry asks firmly, but so quietly that Louis squirms a little in his seat. "Those things you said; you weren't making them up?"

Louis turns his gaze from his feet over to Harry's big, mesmerizing green eyes. It's truly unreal how beautiful Harry is. In any light, at any time, during any season; he still manages to take Louis' breath away. And Louis isn't so sure that's a good thing anymore. "No. I wasn't. She - I've barely spoken to her, Harry, and I would never sabotage your relationship like that."

Harry sighs. "I know." His head thumps as he hits it against the wall lightly, closing his eyes and clenching his fists. "I just really didn't want to believe it. She's.. this isn't the first time something like this has happened."

Louis' not sure if his eyes are bulging out of his head yet or not. "And you stayed with her?"

"Well, last time - it was Zayn. She was saying some stuff about Perrie, and-"

"Perrie was there?"

"No! No. Perrie wasn't around, it was behind her back. Which, I suppose, only makes it worse."