Chapter 18

"What'd you do?" He hissed and I only stared at him with a nervous smile. He was angry and it was terribly evident, but what hurt was that it was directed at me. "John, I'm sorry but—"

"No! Smii7y I deliberately said not to help me. You went behind my back and-and.." he held his head before taking a deep breath making me sigh and try to grab his hand only for him to snatch it away.

"Johnathan—" I started. "Don't call me that!" He backed away from me but I only continued and to say my chest wasn't beating hard as hell was a lie. Wasn't from my feelings towards him but his feelings that might change towards me. "Look she won't bother you anymore. I got proof to show her parents and she wouldn't want that—"

"She doesn't give a fuck about her parents! Look at the way she acts, I know her parents and they don't give a fuck about her life choices! Smii7y she only cared about how people at school looked at her and now that they see her as a slut, you just proved to everyone that she is what they say she is, she'll take revenge!" He shouted at me and I felt my eyes began to water.

"I j-just wanted to help—"

"No! Smii7y you could've helped by not fucking doing anything." I flinched and quickly wiped away a tear threatening to spill. Why is he so angry? Does he really care about what the school labels him as that badly? I thought he'd be understanding but I was wrong. Even if he lost Toby he's just like the others, at least I'm pretty sure that's what he turned into.

"We're friends and friends. Help. Friends John. Aren't we, if we're not then what are we." I spat back and the boy shook his head before turning away from me and the words he said next had me wanting to fall to the floor. "We're enemies. Nothing more, nothing less." He's gotta be kidding, right? My knees went weak as I watched the one I love walk away from me. Finally my knees hit the ground as tears prickled the ends of my eyes.

John didn't mean that, right? He was just angry, yeah. No.. I fucked up but I just wanted to help him because he was struggling and I knew he didn't like the idea of that bitch touching him.

Or did I not like the idea? I was being selfish.. again. "Smii7y, are you okay?" It hit me as tears fountained while I kept a straight face and stared in the direction he walked away. What if he means it and wants nothing to do with me? I thought he at least liked me back a little but to say we're just enemies from now on hurts. Just wanted to help him.. and me.

"Come on." A pair of arms lifted me up and I didn't care who it was or what they had to say. I was just.. confused... I was so confused. "We gotta go before they find out the two people who wrecked their cars were Mini and Fitz." Another voice said and I only nodded.

-

*bastar— I mean John's POV*

Anywhere was better than the dorm and I should apologize to Briana before she does something stupid. Fear was the only thing that came over me. Anger was only 25% and disappointment 40%.

I know I shouldn't be angry at Smii7y for wanting to help, hell I would've threatened her as well but she's a bit powerful in school. Maybe it dropped because everyone found out she's a slut but what if they take her side. I'm going to have to find her before she does anything that could get that idiot hurt.

The reason I told him what I did is because I shouldn't get involved with him. Smii7y doesn't deserve me, I'm a coward and he's-he's more gallant than me. He's amazing and deserves someone as such, not me. I'll just get him killed.

My legs carried me to Briana's home, knowing the first place she'd come to was home after something like that happened. I'm glad I came when I did. When Smii7y left I had stayed in the dorm a bit longer until I got a call from my Coach to come in, he had to talk to me about something.