TWENTY-THREE , BERSERK

THEY WERE RUNNING, but they didn't know where to

THEY WERE RUNNING, but they didn't know where to. It seemed that watching Derek so close to death had given the teenagers adrenaline, chasing straight behind Peter with determination to complete what they had set out to do- find Scott and Kira.

Peter whirled around, holding his hands out and making Isaac collide with his chest. The younger werewolf grunted, appearing annoyed by the sudden delay.

"Okay, stop, stop!" He yelled out to all of them, "we gotta figure out where we are, then we gotta figure out how to find Scott and Kira."

Harper's phone began to ring, making Peter glare harder at her. She rolled her eyes at him, wondering why he held such a grudge against her when it should be the other way around. He was the one that had bitten her, manipulated her into taking Lydia out onto the field and then proceeded to terrorise her and her friends.

"How do you even have service down here?" Stiles muttered from beside her as she pulled the phone out her pocket, "is that my dad calling you?"

The brunette nodded, putting him on speaker so that Stiles could hear too. She guessed he was after her since Stiles' phone wasn't working under the tunnels of the rundown church.

"Harper?" He sounded mad, "are you with Stiles?"

"Yes," she squeaked as they moved into a corner, away from everyone else.

"In Mexico?!"

"Okay, dad, I know you're angry-" Stiles began.

The older man scoffed, "oh, I'm beyond angry. I have reached a level of fury that you could not possibly comprehend."

"Okay, well, when I get back you can ground me," Stiles spoke simply.

"Ground you?" Sheriff Stilinski mocked, "ground you? I am going to hobble you! Harper Verum, you are lucky I am not your legal guardian right now."

Harper bit her lip, looking up at Stiles guiltily who just shrugged back at her as if amused by the situation.

"Now, please tell me that you two are all right," his voice softened, a sigh escaping his lips, "tell me that you're safe."

Stiles hesitated, "you want us to lie?"

"Okay," Sheriff Stilinski gulped, "okay. Tell me what I can do. Tell me how I can help."

"Look for Lydia," Harper spoke up again, "she's at the school."

Stiles agreed, "yeah, or she was at the school when we sent Mason to go look for her. So far we haven't heard anything back from either of them. I don't know, dad. I don't know what I'm doing, I'm just... I'm just trying to save my friends."

"Okay," his dad replied, "I'll find Lydia and Mason. You find Scott and Kira. You save your friends."

"Dad, if it's one of the Beserkers at the school you're gonna need firepower, and a lot of it."