chapter 07

san wooyoung

wooyoung was confused. not just puzzled, but full on baffled, bewildered and unhinged. and it wasn't just because of maths.

choi san confused him. messed with his head, made him want to try. he didn't know what was wrong with him. he was meant to be the bad boy, the jerk, the one who didn't give two shits. but around san, he wanted to do better. be better.

it scared him.

but despite the fear of actually caring about someone other than himself, he couldn't help but smile when he left the other boy's house.

and he couldn't stop thinking about him.

he thought about the way san's warm sun kissed skin had looked in the light of his room when his shirt had gotten stuck. he thought about the way san had blushed, the way he had made wooyoung's heart flutter without even trying. he thought about the determination san had to teach him, the way his bright eyes had darted around like fireflies when he pulled him towards him.

whenever he closed his eyes, he remembered the way the ombre sweater and flattered san's perfect figure annoyingly well, and how it rode up occasionally, exposed his gloriously smooth skin beneath the taunting material. he has been so close to sliding his hands under that devilish sweater, just to confirm the softness of san's skin, just to try.

wooyoung bit his lip to prevent another smile, trying his best to bury the thoughts swirling around in his head.

he wanted to stop thinking. about san, about anything.

it had been so long since these feelings had crept up on him, ambushed him without warning and scattered rational thought. wooyoung thought he had buried them.

he wasn't into guys.

that just wasn't who he was.

he had fought it before, and he would fight it again.

but alas. there was san.

almost screaming in frustration, he paced the empty parking lot, not trusting himself to get on his bike. the beautiful sleek black chunk of metal remained parked in its usually vacant space, the rest of the lot a tarmac wasteland, long since emptied of life for the day.

light had long since faded, the sun already a distant memory as darkness settled comfortably upon the sleeping day, paving the way for night.

deciding if he didn't leave soon he wouldn't make it back to the dorms in time before curfew, wooyoung reluctantly slid onto the leather padding of his motorcycle, clasping on his helmet and starting it up to exit the parking lot in a rush.

he paid no heed to road signs, to traffic, just allowed himself to lose his thoughts for a moment, lost to the icy stroke of the wind, roaring in his ears as he raced down a busy road. he felt relaxed, adrenaline coursing through his veins as the exhilarating pleasure dominated the anxiety.

now, he didn't feel the fear most riders did, all he cared about was forgetting.

•••

1 unread message

littlechoi🏔:
i can't sleep
delivered 2:13am

wooyoung groaned at the loud vibration against his chest, opening his eyes into the dark and yawning twice before closing them again, drifting almost back to sleep.