chapter nine

tw for drugs/drug use

-

PRANKING MY BEST FRIENDS
2,394,438 views
Camila Cabello -------- SUBSCRIBE: 3.6M
Published Nov 18, 2016

"Finally, I'm going to call Lauren," Camila announces, scrolling down to her contact in her phone, "since she's not a YouTuber, hopefully she'll think it's not weird that I'm calling. Literally any time a YouTuber gets a phone call from another YouTuber, it's literally almost always a prank call."

She tries to figure out her story, and grins at the camera. "I'm going to tell her that... that my channel got hacked and all of my videos have been deleted."

She tries to get herself in a sad mindset as she rings, and Lauren picks up immediately. "Hi, Camz. What's up?"

"Lauren," Camila makes herself sound pained, and holds in the laugh she almost lets out when she glances at the camera. "My- my channel got hacked and- and all of my videos are gone, that's- that's so many years of work and I-"

"Whoa, what? What the fuck?" Lauren answers, and Camila hadn't expected her to be angry. "Surely there's some way for YouTube to recover it? I'm emailing them, hold on, let me put you on speaker."

Camila almost laughs again, but makes a quick sniffling sound like she's about to burst into tears. "I already tried, there's no use and I'm locked out of my account-"

She hears Lauren typing rather aggressively and tries to picture an angry Lauren, bashing the keys on her laptop. "I swear, I'll find these fucking hackers and I'll sue their asses off, I know the law and there's something we could use- wait... your channel is right here?"

Camila snorts with laughter at the two contrasting tones; angry Lauren threatening to sue unnamed hackers, and surprised, confused Lauren. "It was a prank call. I'm filming a video."

Instead of being angry or calling her a bitch like all of her other friends had, Lauren breathes out an audible sigh of relief. "Oh, thank god! I thought it was really gone and I was about to go all Judge Judy on their asses. I'm glad it's okay."

"Aw, now I feel bad about pranking you because you're so sweet." Camila laughs, "You're actually so considerate, you were going to be my cute little lawyer."

"Hell yeah I was, I know my stuff," Lauren answers, and Camila can practically feel her smile through the phone. "Anyway, I should go, I need to finish up this paper. Have fun filming!"

When Lauren hangs up, Camila smiles at the camera. "She's so sweet."

[Write a comment...]

Camren Is Real Oh my god Lauren is so cute she was literally getting ready to sue for Camila you guys and your crusty old ship could never
Camriana Updates lauren is nobody we all know camila and ariana are meant for each other so shut the fuck up
Camren Is Real Wow and this is coming from an update account for a ship that's been dead for over a year and only lasted like four months :/ imagine that

Normani Not surprised that Lauren is the only one of your friends who doesn't secretly hate you
Camila Cabello wat u tryna say mani u wanna go????? get ready for a KNUCKLE SANDWICH

Camila's Dinahsty not going to lie I wasn't sure about lauren but this video made me like her
Camila Cabello i like her more than i'd like my first born child but then that's not really a big comparison bc my gay ass aint never birthing anything but rainbows

"I'm surprised you didn't want to go first class."

Camila rolls her eyes at the comment, tapping nervously on the arm of her seat as the plane starts to lurch forwards; she watches as Lauren clicks out of her video when the outro card pops up, perfect timing for their plane setting off. "I actually kind of hate first class. It's like... always full of business people in full suits and ties and stuff, and then there's me in like, a whole sweatsuit in the corner and I look twelve, so naturally they're all like... why is this child in here."