xvii. library is overrated anyway

"So, I've heard from Tin that you are now friends?" Pete says as they are organizing their stuff in their bags. It has been another day of class that has passed.

Can looks at Pete, bewildered. He doesn't realize that he and Tin being friends is really that cemented already, thinking it was the spur of the moment.

"Oh, he told you?"

Pete chuckles and nods. "Yeah. He told it to me with a wide smile on his face, I thought he won a lottery or something."

"Why would he smile that wide though? I mean, there is nothing special with what happened." Can knows what Pete is trying to tell him but Can doesn't want to give him any satisfaction of playing cupid to Tin and Can.

Pete gives Can a 'no wonder you missed the exam by .5%' look. Can frowns when Pete rolls his eyes at him. "What?"

"Do you know the word oblivious?"

"Yes."

"Once, I looked it up in the dictionary, and then I saw your name there." Can gives Pete a confused look in response. "Damn you're so oblivious, Can."

Can tilts his head. Mentally, he's laughing. Seeing Pete so worked up is a very amusing thing for Can. "Why will I be oblivious?"

Pete sighs. "You know what. I just... I just hope you and Tin the best later when you review, you know."

"Thank you."

They walk out of their room and Can bids his goodbye to Pete as they pass by the library. Earlier, Tin told him that they will be reviewing at the library since it's the most obvious choice and Tin says he likes the smell and the whole aura of the library so they agree to study at the library every day.

"Bye Can!"

"Bye Pete! Enjoy your date with Ae!"

Pete blushes. "Shut up!"

"I'm not so oblivious now, am I?"

Can chuckles when Pete rolls his eyes and leaves him. If Pete insists he is oblivious then Pete is a bad liar. He keeps on denying his relationship with Ae when it's just so clear to everyone that they are fucking behind everyone's back. Can is just so stupid to believe Pete's innocence though.

Can wraps his hands around the door handles and slowly pulls it apart then enters the library. He slowly roams his eyes around to look for Tin but when his eyes pass by the glaring eyes of the librarian, he sheepishly smiles. Apparently, the librarian still has not forgotten last week's event, of him shouting at Tin. It's Tin's fault. If he's banned in this library, he's going to ask Tin to build him a new library.

When Can doesn't find him on the tables near his spot, he walks around the bookshelves until he eventually spots Tin sitting on the far corner in front of a bookshelf.

Tin has his head leaning on the shelf, his eyes closed and earphones stuffed in his ears. Can chuckles when he thinks of an idea to get back at Tin, he's going to surprise Tin and Tin is going to squeal so loud the librarian will have to berate him also. Now they will be even in the eyes of the librarian.

Can tiptoes near Tin and he almost stops his plan at the sight of Tin's peaceful face. Damn it. It's devoid of any wrinkles and he's so handsome like this. Not frowning, not emotionless- just like this. Can, for a second, almost calls Tin an angel but then he remembers Tin's evilness.

Can shakes his head to stop those thoughts, now's not the time for those. He has a plan to enact. Tiptoeing near Tin, Can leans forward to surprise him but he hasn't said any word yet when Tin opens his eyes, and when he sees Can's face close to his, he only raises his eyebrow.