4. You're Here

"Chu, I think you should just give it a shot. Maybe she's changed. You never know, she could totally be madly in love with you. And I know we all miss having Jennie around, the energy isn't the same without her." Lisa went on, plopping down on the couch, cookie in hand.

"Lisa, how many cookies have you had today?" Chaeyoung called from the kitchen's small island.

"Six." Lisa mumbled through a mouthful of cookie. Chaeyoung just sighed and shook her head.

"I don't know Lisa, I think it'll be easier said than done." Jisoo said as she snatch the younger girl's cookie straight out of her hand, taking a large bite.

"Jisoo, I actually agree with Lisa. I know you had a rough time with what happened, but I still think that you should try to make amends. I miss her too. I know that you don't hate her guts, you can't hate anyone. Plus, you loved her a lot, so much that I'm almost positive you still love her. That much love for another person can't dissipate." Chaeyoung stated simply.

Jisoo was torn. When she opened the text from the unknown number, she knew it was jennie. And she knew her two roommates were probably right, but they didn't experience what she went through. She leaned back on the couch and let out a drawn out sigh. 

1 New Message.

Jennie: hey, it's jennie, the girl from the train a couple days ago. do you wanna meet up and talk? I'm free today, so i figured we could go to a coffee shop and try to sort things out :)                          

                                                                                                                                                                        10:22 am

Jisoo: yeah, maybe. let me check my schedule first                                                              10:47 am

"You'll figure it out, Soo. You always do." Chaeyoung said to her with a smile.

--

Somehow, Jisoo found herself standing outside of a small coffee shop just around the corner from her apartment.

She took a few timid steps inside the shop as a bell rang as she stepped in. The shop was a tad crowded but she spotted Jennie in an instant.

She was sitting in the back of the little shop with a camera in her hand, scrolling through some of the photos she had taken earlier that afternoon. She was so focused that she didn't notice Jisoo walk up to her table.

"Um, Jennie?" Jisoo said quietly as she cleared her throat.

Jennie instantly looked up to meet Jisoo's chocolate eyes. The eyes that she hadn't looked into in three years. The eyes that were burning with anger and sadness and shock the last time she made contact with them. The eyes that she broke. She had yet to see the other girl without her a face mask on yet.

"Jisoo..." Jennie whispered, nearly breathless. She wasn't expecting her old best friend to show up to the shop at all. The girl was relatively oblivious to a lot, considering she didn't even register that her Jisoo was the girl from the train. 

Or maybe she just forgot about her. 

No way in hell did she forget about Jisoo. Jisoo was the most amazing, beautiful person Jennie had ever met. It would be impossible to forget about Jisoo. She loved her, and she was purely shocked when Jisoo kissed her that night. Unfortunately, she took that shock and responded to Jisoo with anger. She didn't know how much she ruined Jisoo. And Jisoo didn't know how much Jennie had changed her views.

"You're here." Jennie spoke quietly again, still surprised by who was standing in front of her. Jisoo had gotten more beautiful as the years passed, and she seemed matured, yet innocent.

Jisoo just giggled awkwardly, unsure of what to do.

Jennie realized how weird she was being and quickly offered for Jisoo to sit down at the cafe table. 

"This is insane, I thought i'd never see you again." jennie said as Jisoo sat down.

"Yeah, it's pretty crazy..." Jisoo said looking down. She was unsure of how to act, considering what Jennie had done to her, but how warm and inviting she seemed now. Also, Jisoo was trying to look away from the gummy smile jennie had written on her face, because she knew it would be the death of her. Jisoo had always loved that smile. And it was still the same.

Once again, the two sat in some good ol' awkward silence, neither of them knowing what to say.

"How have you been?"

"I'm so sorry for hurting you."

Both girls said at the same time. They both looked down shyly, not knowing how to continue or who should go first. jennie decided to take the lead.

"I shouldn't have been so harsh, and I understand if you view me differently right now. It has killed me ever since i left knowing that I did that to you. I'm so so sorry Jisoo. Truly, I am." Jennie said with utmost sincerity.

"Thanks, Jennie. I appreciate that." Jisoo said, not knowing how to respond. What was she supposed to say? 'Oh, yeah you basically ruined my life, but its all cool.' No. She wanted to try and get back on talking terms with Jeninie, because Chaeyoung was right. The love she had for Jennie, would never fully dissipate. It may just take some time.

"How have you been? How was New Zealand?" Jisoo asked, unsure of where to take the conversation from here.

"It was amazing! It was a great opportunity to learn about the culture, but I missed korea a lot. I definitely missed hanging out with you, Chaeng, and Lisa.

"Oh yeah, they're actually a couple now, it's kinda crazy. All those years of flirting, and they just started officially dating and year and a half ago." Jisoo chuckled to herself as she talked about her two best friends.

"Really?" Jennie said with wide eyes.

Jisoo instantly flushed red at Jennie's reaction. Oh no, she shouldn't have said anything. judging by how the awful kiss went, Jisoo read Jennie as homophobic, which a good portion of korea was. She messed up.

"Wow that's insane. Those two always surprise me. Finally that stopped being wimps and made the move. Who knew, who knew." Jennie laughed, reminiscing on their old times together as four. She wasn't lying when she said she missed it.

"Oh yeah....yeah, it is pretty crazy." Jisoo smiled. Her friends were right, Jennie had changed. But with jisoo being Jisoo, she was still very apprehensive about getting closer with jennie. She couldn't risk falling in love with her again. She just got over jennie, and it took her three years.

-- 

Jisoo stepped out of the small shop with a smile on her face. The meet-up with Jennie went a million times better than expected. Jennie was still the same, bright and shiny girl that Jisoo had met when she was eleven. 

But Jisoo knew it wouldn't be that easy to forgive her. 

She still had to convince herself that Jennie was still the person that she was best friends with, those few years ago, and she was best friends for a reason. She also had to try and keep her heart out of this.

She couldn't let it back out and into Jennie's hands again. 

Ever.

--

hey gays

i don't have much else to say besides have a good day, be happy, and most of all, THANK YOU. i luv u

-e