14.

Hoseok and Taehyung sat in the room where Nana was sleeping. It had taken Hoseok a hell lot of his own energy to heal her. The demons had tried to drink her blood to claim her energy - which is what their lot fed on.

They were sitting in silence watching the girl sleep until Taehyung spoke. "What is she? I know she isn't fully human. She survived when the demons bit her - and it is not possible for any human to survive it"

Hoseok gulped but he knew he couldn't hide the truth anymore. "She is a halfling. Her father is an angel and her mother a human. I am here because she is soon going to turn 21. 6 months before halflings turn 21, their body undergoes changes. The angel soul within them fights with the human soul to take over. Most of them don't survive this and end up dying. That is why I am here to heal her and help her get through it. All these random painful migraines and bleeding is because her body is undergoing a transformation."

Taehyung was surprised but definitely not stunned. He knew about halflings. They had demon halflings too. Now it all made sense. Why his powers didn't work on her. Why nothing came up in the doctor's diagnosis. And why the demons were so eager to feed on her. Halfling blood was the sweetest.

"She doesn't know and it's best if it is kept that way", Hoseok said with a sigh. "Her symptoms are severe. Usually effects like these don't start until the fourth month of transformation. It hasn't even been a month for her"

Taehyung felt an unexplainable sadness when he heard this. His eyes grazed the girl who was lying so peacefully on the bed, her soft snores the only indication that she was alive.

"Who is her father?", he asked but was met with silence from the other side. Hoseok averted his gaze and it didn't escape the devil's eyes.

"She is their daughter"

"Who?", Taehyung asked perplexed.

Hoseok looked up, an apologetic look on her face. He couldn't bear to speak it out because he knew how Taehyung would react. "Whose daughter?", the man asked restless.

"SeokJin and Hwayoung's"

———•••———

22 years ago
Busan

This was the first time Taehyung had actually lived on earth for this long. His stay was supposed to be only a week before he was to return back to hell. But a week became two and soon it was close to 6 months. And it was all because of one person.

Kang Hwayoung.

The moment he had laid his eyes on this girl, he had felt something within himself. Sure he had his share of fooling around with human girls but this one was different. He was passing by in a car when he saw her help an old man cross the road and the second time working as an employee in the convenience store.

He couldn't help but be attracted. This was the first time he had actually felt something for a woman. Her beauty and simplicity had him captivated. He visited the store everyday, ate there just so he could see her and be around. Soon small talk became full conversations and a casual acquaintance became a deep friendship.

He was walking down towards the store when he felt her creep behind him. He smiled to himself pretending that he was distracted while in reality he had sensed her presence from hundreds of meters away.

"BOO", she shouted and snaked an arm around him while the man pretended to be scared out of his wits. "Don't do this Hwayoung, I might have passed out from the shock"