(11) Tidying Up The Valuables So They Can Escape

"Why doesn't Chu family want their daughter to marry Prince Ying (1)? What kind of person is Prince Ying? Could he be an old man who is seventy or eighty years old?" Chu Qing-Yan raised an eyebrow and asked.

"No, no!" Shan Cha immediately shook her head, then very carefully took a glance at her, not knowing if she should tell the truth.

"I want to hear the truth, otherwise, you know the consequences." Chu Qing-Yan said with a smile that was not quite a smile.

Shan Cha immediately pasted herself to the wall, and in a small voice, said, "This year, Prince Ying just turned twenty, the rumors outside said that when he was young, his face was disfigured by a huge fire. His appearance became ugly and disgusting. In addition, his methods are very cruel, he is cold-blooded and ruthless. In the Capital, no female dares to get near him. I heard that anyone who has seen his real appearance would have nightmares in the middle of the night!"

Shan Cha saw Ninth Miss's face, all of a sudden, seemed to be covered by a dense black cloud. Immediately, her neck shrank back, afraid that with one carelessness, that sharp wooden stick would injure her.

Chu Qing-Yan suddenly understood. Even if an ugly monster had the status of a majestic prince, with the Chu family being such snobbish people, they would rather push this marriage opportunity outside than catch it themselves. The reason was that, no matter which family's parents, how could they push their own daughter into a living hell?

However now, the most important matter to Chu Qing-Yan was that the Chu family, in order to save their own daughter, would actually push her into a living hell. Enough was enough, this was simply intolerable!

After having been enraged to the point of laughing, Chu Qing-Yan became even calmer.

"And also?" She didn't believe it was simply only this.

"And also, before, His Majesty had set up marriages for Prince Ying. However, every time, just before the marriage, the bride would die suddenly." Shan Cha's head dropped even lower, simply didn't dare to look at her.

Chu Qing-Yan tightened her fingers, and coldly smiled. No wonder this Prince Ying was twenty years old and still a bachelor, so it was because of this. Normally, males in ancient times would start to get married at fifteen or sixteen years old.

Ugly appearance, a fiend and even kills off the wife.

Such a good Chu family! To be so demented as to pull along a ten-year-old child to send to her death!

To kill a wife, this version of events, she didn't believe it. It could only be said that people around this Prince Ying's side wasn't that simple. However, this was not the area she wanted to ponder over.

"Just now, who were the two people in the pavilion?" Chu Qing-Yan played with the wooden stick in her hand and continued to ask.

Shan Cha weakly replied, "It's Seventh Miss and Eighth Miss."

Seeing Ninth Miss looking at her with a frown, Shan Cha promptly clearly explained the state of affairs on the young master and misses in Chu family.

Chu family's second master Chu Zhi-Ming had two sons: Chu De-Chang and Chu Cun-An. They ranked number one and two in the grandchildren generation in Chu family. Third Master Chu Zhi-Hua had one son and two daughters: the son is called Chu Bao-Shi, the older daughter is called Chu Yun-Yu, the younger daughter is called Chu Ying-Yu, ranked in order of number three, number seven and number eight. And fourth master Chu Zhi-Zhi had one daughter and one son: the older daughter is called Chu Lan-Yu, the young son called Chu Song-Yi, ranked number four and number five. So the seventh and eighth miss Shan Cha was talking about pointed to Chu Yun-Yu and Chu Ying-Yu.